*DONE* Russian Spring PIF

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by NCoxSTL, May 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You got mail!

2. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

MrChick has converted to the darkside...he has no need for those blades...lol.

Congrats you lucky dawg.

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Just for the record, both winners of the 100 packs chose a variety pack so I was able to put my 100 pack of Voskhod back into the Cartel safe. No need for a teary farewell now.

My Precious.jpg

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really don't know much about Russian blades, well ok, nothing really, but I was wondering if I can get a little help on the order of these blades from mildest to more aggressive. That's the order that I'd like to try out these blades in different razors and see how they compare, thx. MAYhem PIF.jpg

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I've only tried 3 of them so far, for me the Sputnik and Platinum Lux were excellent, super sharp and smooth. the Super Stainless Chrome (Red and Blue pack) were meh. they gave a good shave but not as sharp as the others. Ill be shaving the the Rubie tomorrow

mrchick, Bama Samurai and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Mild to aggressive. Hmmmm. I can tell you that the Voskhod is sharpest in my opinion, and Rubie is the worst. I'll list them in my order of preference, from best to worst:

1. Voskhod
    2. Rapira Super Stainless (pink/blue/black)
    3. Ladas
    4. Platinum Lux
    5. Sputnik
    6. Rapira Chrome (super stainless red and blue)
    7. Swedish Supersteel
    8. Rubie

Now, the difference between some of those is very slight. And, some will no doubt argue that the Swede is much better than I ranked. That's the wonderful part....it ultimately is subjective. But, there's my ranking if that helps.

RyX and mrchick like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

And for fun, this would be my order of Neal's list.

8 (never tried Rubie)

mrchick and NCoxSTL like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

My point exactly. LOL YMMV. Except for Rubie. If you ever get the chance to try it, well, it's your face. And again...I've been told that Rubie is far superior by others who like it.

mrchick and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Guess what arrived today? I'm going to have lots of fun with these. What to try first? Thanks Neal!
    [​IMG]
    I think I'll try them in reverse order using Neal's list. Rubie is up first.

AGHisBBS, RyX, cmorris357 and 2 others like this.
  10. jimjo1031

Yeah, thought the same.............

AGHisBBS, mrchick and NCoxSTL like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Wow! That looks just like a bunch of blades I had on my desk two days ago. What are the chances?!?! ;)

Reverse order eh. Rubie first? Good luck with that! But, if we're not too far off in preferences that means the shaves will only get better from there!

AGHisBBS, mrchick and jimjo1031 like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Enjoy! Even the shipping on these turned out kind of fun, but it doesn't take much to entertain me. Mailed both sets together on Monday and they arrived within 30 minutes of each other......on opposite coasts that is, so really a two hour difference. Yeah, I told you it doesn't take much to enterta.........SQUIRREL!!!!!

squirrel.jpg

AGHisBBS, ob1page, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If it goes really badly, can I have your Toggle?

NCoxSTL likes this.
  14. mrchick

15. jimjo1031

That's what I'm going for, want it to be better last

NCoxSTL likes this.
  16. mrchick

It won't go badly. Neal wouldn't do that to me

NCoxSTL likes this.
  17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Ummm.....isn't the Toggle on its way here? I thought that was the deal....you win but I get the Toggle? Oh wait, is this public? Nobody can see this, right?

AGHisBBS and ob1page like this.
  18. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Said at least 3 of his ex wives.

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Oh come on now....give me credit......They ALL said that.

AGHisBBS, mrchick and cmorris357 like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I hear a rumor about Rubie blades. They may be the culls? Random blades that didn't pass factory inspection or some such unfounded craziness. I'm glad y'all are starting with them so I can gain wisdom through your suffering rather than my experience.

AGHisBBS, mrchick and NCoxSTL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.