***DONE***The No Buy July PIF!***DONE***

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Mr. Shaverman, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Welcome friends!

This is a PIF open only to those participating in No Buy July. This is open to CONUS only. (Sorry, aftershaves may not be shipped internationally from the US). See full rules and instructions at the bottom. You must follow these rules to be eligible. Any mistake on my part is a figment of your imagination and I will be the final and only judge.

You will have to excuse my poor cell phone photography.

What do you get? What don't you get!

I wanted this PIF to be about variety. This should contain enough gear to last 31 days and have enough combinations to never have the same shave twice.

[​IMG]

That's a new stick of TSD Sub Zero and a sample puck of Stirling Coniferous. The Rainbow Tower of Power has shaving cream samples of (from top to bottom): Barbon, Arko for Men, Derby Lavender, Proraso Blue, Proraso Green, TOBS Sandalwood and TOBS Eton College. Enough for at least 3 shaves each.

[​IMG]

A bottle of Stirling Black Ice Balm. I've used it like 3 times, so it's mostly full. Those little guys on the side are samples of Osage Rub and... Lilac Vegetal. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

[​IMG]

Some kind of GEM SE. I think it's a Micromatic, but honestly I don't care as I'm giving it away. You look it up if you want to. A Gillette Flare Tip H2 (1962) Pretty sure that's the razor Weishi's are modeled on. And a Gillette Tech L1 1966.

[​IMG]

Three (3) Fresh Richie Butt Wipes, 5 Ladas, 10 Sharks, 5 Big Bens, 10 Voskhod, 15 Rapiras, 10 Rapiras of a different kind, 5 more Rapiras of yet another kind, 7 Personna Blue Labs. 67 blades in all!

But Mr. Shaverman, how do I win?

Glad you asked! First and foremost, you must be enrolled in TSD's No Buy July and you must last the entire month! No exceptions!! If you are listed on the first page as a participant and your name has not yet been crossed off, this PIF is for you! I'm going off of the main list of names here.

Images are involved and you can choose one of two themes.

1. Recreational marijuana became legal in my great state of Oregon on July 1st -- the exact same time that No Buy July started! Portland, where I live, has become Rastafied. So, I want this thread to be Rastafied too. Rastafied is the theme, not Rasta. What that means is, the pic has to be of something normal that's been Rastafied. A pic of Bob Marley does not count, as he's Rasta. Ditto for Snoop Dog. Rastafied Homer Simpson though?
    [​IMG]

You bet!

2. @Darkbulb liked the unicorn theme of last year, but I'm not going to repeat that. What's almost as good as unicorns? That's right. Rainbows. But not lame rainbows. You can't just post a lame pic of a rainbow. That's not fun. Memes are good, funny's good, unsual's good. Just some rainbow? Not here, move along. Personally, I like Nyan Cat myself.

[​IMG]

As much as I like Nyan Cat, I don't want to see more Nyan Cats. Because the other rule of this PIF is...
    YOU MUST NEVER, EVER, REPOST AN IMAGE THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS POSTED. NEVER.

Accidents happen, and if you do post an image that doesn't qualify (unless you specifically state that you know it doesn't qualify) I will reply and suggest you choose another image. It is okay to post a different pic of the same thing. For example, there's like 1,000 rastafied varieties of Homer Simpson. Multiple Homers are okay, as long as they are all different.

Also, while it's not necessary and it won't get you any extra entries (or will it... hmm...) everyone is encouraged to post more than 1 image. This is mainly for my amusement purposes.

That's it!
    1. Be on the NBJ list
    2. Post at least one image using the supplied themes
    3. Make it through NBJ unscathed
    4. Be CONUS

In August I will use a method to randomly pic one of the qualified.

List of Participants:

NCoxSTL
    FatherofSquirrel
    Tdmsu
    RaZorBurn123
    Clint64
    david of central florida
    mrchick x2
    SHAVEWIZARD420
    brow_tines
    markjnewcomb
    Drygulch
    Shavington
    Douglas Carey
    kurtmill
    45auto
    Hodge
    Dzia Dzia
    figment714
    gmaugie007
    Micah Jenkins

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

PIF of the year.

No-participant "contribution"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Shavington, Dubs and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]
    Awesome PIF, batman.
    [​IMG]

Shavington and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Awesome PIF oh great one.

Hue-Manatee.jpg

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

One more Russian themed....just because.
    aaputin1.jpg

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

You must not have googled "reggae Stalin"

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Hmmm....didn't think of Stalin. I'm more of a Lenin fan myself. Kind of like Paul or John?

Shavington and Rufus T. like this.
  8. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Like this:
    [​IMG]

9. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Good luck all =D

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I'm not in, but I wanna contribute =)

As the example was Rastafied Homer
    I thought I would go with the competition: Peter!

[​IMG]

11. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

OOOOOOOOO. Lots of goodies I've been wanting to try. I am in.

Cool & easy mon. Reminds me of a trip I took to Jamaica back in 2002. There was this dude outside the Jamaican airport asking "Five dolla lunch?" with his hand out. The only problem was dude had more gold on than MR. T.
    It was hilarious. And he definitely wasn't starving.

Anyway here is my pic.

upload_2015-7-5_14-43-20.jpeg

12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

14. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Can't accept that! The Lion is actually a symbol used in Rasta.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please choose again.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am in.

[​IMG]

And staying with the dog theme.

[​IMG]

NCoxSTL and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

images-17.jpeg
    homer in Oregon
    I'm in

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I considered raising him a slightly larger rainbow girl....but I'm not sure we're late enough in the PIF to handle it. By the way...this picture is actually terrifying. You have to wonder the thought process that created it.

Dubs and mrchick like this.
  20. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    I stumbled across it when searching for an "awkward" meme. I think that speaks for itself right there.

If I were a betting man, I would say that the large orange oompa loompa was behind it all.

Dubs, Drygulch and NCoxSTL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.