*DONE* Tom’s 6yr Razor Raffle

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by twhite, Aug 14, 2021.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Congratulations @Ron R !
    It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Except me, of course.;)
    Thanks @twhite for a great PIF!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Congratulations @Ron R !!!! :happy096:

Ron R, twhite and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Congrats Ron! I am sure you will enjoy's Tom's creation.

IAmTheJody, Ron R and twhite like this.
  5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Ron. Great raffle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Congrats!

Thanks to all who participated, created, and/or donated. :eatdrink047:

8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

IAmTheJody and Ron R like this.
  10. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Congrats @Ron R and thank you Tom!
    Steve

Ron R, IAmTheJody and Trigger like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, September 15th 2021, Won this razor on a fund raising raffle and it arrived yesterday. It is called a TARMAX adjustable DE and it fair to say American Ingenuity is alive and well in our shaving world.
    Tom White invents & designs products and is a seasoned machinist and likes designing razors in different concepts as a Hobby. This adjustable razor was used for my first shave and really did not expect a lot of difference to my other adjustable razors but I was wrong. The TARMAX first pass was smooth and quieter than other adjustables, had to inspect thinking it was not cutting whiskers, but was like shaving on a setting 3-4 on a Fatboy for shaving comparison. It was set on 5 of 8 different settings references on 1st pass so I cranked it to 8 of 8 and on 2nd pass & pickups(you can go pass 8 setting because of design). The results were very good for first time out and received a DFS,BBS. Sweet spot angle seems around 45 degrees. Because of the blade sits flat basically it gives a very different smooth shave. I enjoyed the shave and like variety so it is scores a high score IMO.
    TARMAX adjustable DE [​IMG]

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by @twhite (only 4 made)-Mfg 2021, the razor is made of Aluminum and holds a blade excellent, heats up quickly with hot water so no cold steel to face, interesting concept. Gives a smooth shave and is a keeper.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (testing standard)- Sharp & smooth, great longevity.
    Soap: Speick stick, nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled soap and well made.
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar (new), Excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter, joy to use a nice boar brush IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin, Lavanda aftershave +a dollop of CeraVe balm (scentless).
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my TARMAX adjustable DE with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

IAmTheJody, Tjebbe and twhite like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, September 16th 2021

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by Tom White, Mfg 2021(4 only made) excellent adjustable, I really enjoy the audio feedback, with Aluminum it makes a sound of a blade cutting like no other metal razors I own(sizzling sound of sharpness how I can best describe it). I cranked it up wide open (8) and the TARMAX performed very well for a nice carefree shave. Nice razor is the bottom line, enjoyable to use.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (2) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity. I like this blade for testing all my DE shave gear as a standard comparison. It lets you know if a new blade is a little better or a little worse making it easy to gage IMO.
    Soap: Speick, excellent triple milled soap, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, great scrubber + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush(Cashmere syn) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel skin clean, Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm(scentless+ good stuff).
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my TARMAX DE adjustable razor with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

IAmTheJody and twhite like this.