DR Harris users

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Gnomeo0228, May 27, 2017.

1. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I recently treated myself and got puck of DR Harris Marlborough.

I'm looking for any tips/suggestions on how to get the most out of this. Ill be using it for the 1st tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Can I bloom the dap soap while in the bowl? I'd hate to damage to wood.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Kizurra, GatorJoe and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have the same soap.. you can bloom in the wood bowl, and I recommend blooming this soap. I find that the puck is super hard and it needs it. When I didn't bloom it, the lather is just airy as the brush didn't pick up enough to make it slick.

3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I run water over my Arlington puck before bearing down on it with my wet Semogue boar brush and get great results.

Gnomeo0228, Kizurra and crackstar like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Arlington was the only DR Harris scent I ever tried. Lovely, but too rich for my low budget. :(

GatorJoe and Kizurra like this.
  5. Kizurra

Kizurra Well-Known Member

Triple milled hard puck = blooming while in shower. Or you can just load for 120 seconds or so.
    Second sentence was being facetious, don't worry about the wood you won't hurt it and be able to use it for many refill pucks to come.:eatdrink013:

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Refill pucks are the way to go; $15 US Amazon Prime delivered. About what we pay for most soaps.

Kizurra likes this.
  7. Kondor

Kondor Member

I own the Arlington and Windsor. I bought them in Slovenia, were they are (were?) cheaper than in UK as refil (10€ each, more or less).
    Scent is not bad and also post shave, but I don't like their ingredients, I think they are too cheap and old. Ok, to be honest they are cheap soaps, so you cannot ask a lot... Also UK is an expensive country, that means that these soaps are two times more cheap than Spanish ot Italian soaps...

I put them inside aluminium boxes. You have to put VERY HOT water over it and leave it some minutes to soft the soap. Aggressive (to soap) brushes like RazoRock are probably the beat to eat a lot of this soap.

Now I stopped to use them. As hard soaps I switched to Saponificio Varesino soaps. But they are three times more expensive. But they are another world. And fully vegan!

Kizurra likes this.