Drakkar Noir

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Garden Street USA, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I think the re formulation in taking the oak moss out of it has really neutered Drakkar.

Kind of sad. Like others here I wore it through the 80s & 90's. I still like the dark Fougere scents and have a few in my collection. So if you like Drakkar you should enjoy these as well.

Lomani
    Ceasars Man
    Patrick
    Czar
    Duc De Vervins

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Overuse and stereotyping? If only a certain genotype becomes the user it becomes associated with them for good or bad. I didn't use DN when it was popular so my bias is not based on others (over)use. There isn't anything new or unusual in it's scents. Just the combo and quantities used.

Top notes; Basil, Rosemary, Green mint, Verbena, Lavender, Lemon.
    Heart Notes; Angelica, Wormwood, Coriander, Juniper.
    Base notes; Patchouli, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Pine needle, Balsam.

(basenotes.net)

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This makes me wonder what Doc Ezlovan did with his "Stirling Noir", relative to your comment about the combo and quantities used being slightly different from the original.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Power of the internet puts all the information in your hands. If someone gathered up that list of scents they could attempt to get the quantities right for a match. I use basenotes.net to know what's in something because you can't smell the website. Yet.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera