Dress Shirt Irritation

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Harry_Thabombshelter, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jwolf24601

Jwolf24601 New Member

I had this problem too and found that if I didn't button up the collar for an hour after I shaved I was fine. You might try that if you can.

2. napoleon

napoleon Member

I had the exact same problem. The only thing that helped is not fastening the last button and tightening the collar with the tie.
    And I noticed I get a lot of irritation from my seat belt in my car, pulling on my collar.
    But this is not shaving related...

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

get separate collars.

4. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

How do them dern things work Dave?? And, do ppl still wear them? I know you are knowledgeable about older style shirts - tell all!!

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i like them. most people would probably find them uncomfortable though, but you get used to them. not many people wear them on a regular basis here, moreso in the UK.

6. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Those Brits are a pretty starched bunch eh?? :happy102

Who dat in yer avatar?? That the new girl?? Or.....

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

its a very sharp look :D

and...i wish. that would be the lovely louise brooks.

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

As someone who used to sell menswear, I might also suggest that if your shirts fit everywhere else and are just a little tight at the collar, try these:

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0008172YS/?tag=thshde-20

They will work well under most good ties unless you use a really skinny tie/knot. Use a half-windsor knot.

9. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Well I never!!!!!

That is totally cool! I have one of those necks (extra manly!) where if I get the right size collar it looks like I am wearing a 2 man tent. If I get the right size shirt then the collar chokes me to death! (Unless I got tailored shirts which are a little pricy for me).

I will definately check these out! Ta!

10. 11oss

11oss Member

I'm from the Uk and don't even know what you mean by separate collar:confused:

Anyway. I too had this problem of irritation when wearing a shirt and tie for work.
    It has mostly gone now and I put it down to using aftershave.

Here is my theory. When I used to walk up hills on the weekends I used to soak my feet in alcohol. This toughened up the skin and prevented blisters.

I think using alcohol based aftershave may do the same thing. Could all be in my head though :)