Durham Duplex blades

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by wchnu, May 30, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I ain't skeered!!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better, I was thinking about contacting the UK division and see how to get ahold of, say, five or 10 of each type of blade. I have a Durham Duplex here, and I can't think of any other reason to have it other than to take one for the team.

wchnu and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

:happy096:

wchnu likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Possibly get a few people in on it and try them out.

5. Bookworm

Following up on this - I did finally get around to sending a contact request to Durham Duplex in the UK. Once I hear back, I'll post up what I find.

riverrun and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I use one fairly regularly. Try-a-Blade has blades for it. The biggest challenge is getting used to how wide the sucker is, even wider than the AC format. Also remove and dry blades between uses. I just drop them in some alcohol and pat dry. I also palm or denim strop the blades before using.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  7. Bookworm

It appears they have at _least_ four different blades in that format, including ceramic coated and solid ceramic. So, I'll simply see what they say.

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

i was wondering about the dovo long shavette blades. it looks to me like these blades , if you trimmed some of the center would work in the durham duplex... I dont have any of these blades so i cant check but if anyone has any could they maybe let us know.......i know that a regular double edge blade will even fit with the center pieces near the end removed but are just a little tall and barely leave any comb to protect from cuts and are a little short so would love to know about these blades...

9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Any update on this. I have several Durhams and would like to try something other than Personna carpet blades.