eBay picture problem

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by John Beeman, Apr 27, 2015.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

For about three days now I've not been able to select, zoom, or move forward through the pictures on eBay ads.

Normally when you're looking at an ad there's the main photograph of the item and underneath it usually says "Mouse over image to zoom" and then depending on the number of photographs the seller has included there's a few smaller images underneath the main photograph and then arrows on the left and the right that allow you to scroll through them.

I thought maybe it was eBay's issue but I checked this morning on my work laptop and everything is fine but on my home laptop I can't zoom any photos (in fact, the instruction isn't even there), I can't select any photographs to view, and the scroll arrows don't respond.

I'm sure it's operator error so I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks in advance.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Not my area of expertise. Good Luck.

3. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

What internet browser do you use at home? Do you have any security software (virus software, firewall or any other sub programs they may install) that might block certain things from loading?

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Explorer.

5. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Is it the same version as your worth laptop? You could also try downloading a different one like Firefox to see if it's the browser or something related to it or if it's something on your computer affecting everything. Most likely it's a browser version, browser plug-in or browser setting.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Chrome...
    browsers.jpg

BigMark likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I would clear all cookies, reset the cache--then restart your computer and see if that helps.

John Beeman likes this.
  8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've noticed this happening on occasion even when viewing my own auctions. All of my auctions have large images which, when rolled over, pop out for viewing at full resolution. sometimes, however, the image do not and remain in the standard size no matter what the viewer does. I suspect a browser issue (Safari), but since it doesn't happen to all—and they are all created in the same manner, the quirk simply may be the ebay program.

9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

didn't have to restart - just cleared history, cookies, etc. and bingo bongo - we're back in business.
    Thanks!

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :wave:
    :happy088: