Enders christy razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by King camp, Feb 15, 2013.

1. King camp

King camp Well-Known Member

Anyone use one of these before I just got three with a pack of blades each the blade packs are interesting they look like little books should I strop the blades before using ? I looked at them in a microscope and could not detect rust so should I try them

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Never heard of them. So: :pics: :D

And if and when you use them: please let us know how you like 'em!

3. King camp

Alright calm down here's some pictures they use a proprietary blade i put a couple rusty ones in the picture so you can see I already tried modding some de and se blades that's to hard as all the angles would need to be right on or the exposure would be uneven you could make em out of se blades if you had a punch made but that would be no doubt too expensive

4. King camp

5. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

That's the problem with those Christy razors...no modern blades for 'em (as far as I know).

6. King camp

Yep your right I researched it christy dosent make them anymore i think they make knives or something still and there aren't blades that can be easily modified to fit

7. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

u gotta spill where ur getting all of this stuff ur pics have me drooling lol

8. King camp

Ha ha kinda off topic but I just search eBay all day through pages of listings searching spelt wrong auctions to find BIN lots with good value before someone else does or I bid on items today I actually canceled my account when I found out I spent 6k in the last 4 months but I still have a couple lots of razors yet to be delivered and some other stuff

9. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Nice I don't do eBay but have been looking for an old Gillette adjustable. Can't ever find one in the condition or price range I want but I don't look very hard lol. The extent is Googling them haha

10. King camp

I've gotten like 12 in that time but none are as good as I'd like as they all have ether pitting or brassing issues I guess that's what you get buying lots if I were you I would look at the B/S/T in this and other forms as you should find good ones for a fair price

11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

The deals are out there for adjustables. I'd rather buy from members here or on other shave sites. The bidding on razors on the bay get out of control. Somehow I got lucky and found mine for $29 shipped. It seems alright.