Essence by Tedalus

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by ischiapp, Oct 26, 2020.

1. ischiapp

ischiapp Well-Known Member

:signs011:

Hembree likes this.
  2. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

I sent this via newsletter, but, I hope it's okay to post this photo..
    The razors arrived here a few weeks ago and we are assembling them now..

Tedalus.jpg

3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Goo-bloomin' Stankster

I think I see mine right.........

....................there!

PLANofMAN and Manumik like this.
  4. Manumik

Hi Gentlemen,

Here is a video showing the loading mechanism of Essence.

Tedalus Essence Razor Blade Loading - YouTube

Also, a brief information about what is happening in the back end.

We will not be on a Kickstarter campaign. We planned to make one, but the marketing costs for a Kickstarter campaign became just too high over the past few years.
    Therefore, we decided to launch with a limited production run of 333 Razors.
    33 of them will go out with a 30% discount. Those who signed up on our website will be notified when we launch.

We also made the heartbreaking decision not to offer the razor-stand right from the beginning as production costs are quite expensive in such low quantities. If we see that there is a demand for what we are doing, we will definitely offer the stand ASAP with a discounted price for all of you who already have bought the Essence razor upfront. This breaks my heart because the stand was almost as important as the razor when I first designed the razor.
    But as a startup, we have to make sure that there is a demand first.
    Thank you for understanding!

Another point I would like to mention is the shipping.
    Shipping from Switzerland is complicated, expensive, and can take a long time. Therefore, we are negotiating and coordinating with fulfillment centers in the USA and Germany (EU) to ensure that we give you reasonable and faster shipping.

The last point I would like to mention is the price point of Essence. We didn’t communicate that point because there are still some points we need to calculate (taxes, shipping, warehouse handling fees etc.)
    But the price point will be around +- 300 Euros.

If you have more questions, feel always free to reach out.

Cheers,
    Manuel

5. snuff

snuff Active Member

Twelve days ago it arrived Number one of 333, normally it would be available in early May but the manufacturer of the packaging has made a mistake so it will take a month longer for it to be available with the correct packaging, since I do not shave with the packaging .... I was very much looking forward to it, because the test versions were very good.

I'm privileged in that I got the razor sooner then it will be available (June), that's because I was a tester for this razor (along with others among them professional barbers). I have shaved every day with it since I received it (head and face) and I'm impressed. Some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Goo-bloomin' Stankster

Ohhhhhh........Feather Pro Supers and head shaving too. NICE!

You must like it clean and smooth.

snuff and Manumik like this.
  7. Manumik

Thank you @snuff for sharing the pictures and your kind words! Happy that you like the razor that much!
    And thanks again for the testing and your inputs during the development phase.

snuff and Edison Carter like this.