Essential Oil for Preshave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chrisf8657, Jul 30, 2015.

1. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I have some Maggard pre-shave oil (great stuff BTW, costs $8 and is just as good as anything else) that is unscented. I would like to add an Almond scent to it to match my Trumper's cream (it's like Marischano cherries, or Cella or TOBS Almond).

Do you guys know of and can recommend an Almond essential or fragrance oil I can add to it that smells like that?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You'll need to look for a marzipan scented essential oil, not almond. Classic Italian soaps are marzipan scented.

Hope that helps.

This site has some, with good reviews.
    http://www.madoils.com/products/marzipan-fragrance
    Out of stock at the moment (usually a good sign that it's popular), but the site says it will be restocked in August.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

www.brambleberry.com has several almond types of fragrance oils, all under $6 for 2 oz. I've ordered from them before. Good sales and service.

4. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I see alot of Cherry Almond around and not Marizpan.
    Would that be like it?

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Marzipan is sweetened almond paste,—and almond is the main flavoring used for processed 'cherries' and cherry-flavoring. Essentially we're talking about the same scent here for all these items.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

At Brambleberry it is under Fragrance oils, under A in alphabetical order.

7. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

as mentioned the almond scent would be a Fragrance Oil. you could also add it to soaps if you wanted to.