Ever purchased blades from China?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jbcohen, Jan 2, 2008.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Some time ago a friend of mine sent me some free sample blades from China. These were the abolute best blades that I have ever had the pleasure of trying. Has anyone ever purchased any blades from China? Would anyone order from china?

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I've never purchased any blades from there, but I'd certainly purchase from there if they had something I wanted. I'd take the usual precautions for an unknown store.... google them. Use a credit card or paypal. They help protect you in the rare event something goes wrong.

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I could see paypal, but why credit card wouldn't it be too easy for the chineese company to steal from you if they had your credit card number?

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Every major Credit Card Provider has fraud protection. Besides, a company in the US can just as easily screw you over as a Chinese company.

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

You are exactly correct Sejanus, but wouldn't a check provider even better security? If I decide to buy the blades I will need this advice.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Very few companies will accept checks now and days.

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I don't see how they would. Really the only true way to avoid fraud is to be there in person and use cash. Otherwise there is ALWAYS a way.

VISA and Mastercard are HUGE companies, if they can't pull off a good fraud division then you can sure bet that PayPal won't be able to. I wouldn't worry.

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I thought that there was no centralized company by the name of Visa or Master Card. Instead the cards were issued by individual banks not one centralized company. The largest of these banks issuing the cards would be Chase Manhattan bank of New York. I guess I thought wrong.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Just use a credit card. I think your gonna survive this purchase :)

10. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Thank you for this advice Isaac. I have come to the same conclusion.