Explain your avatar

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Single Wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Radda radda!

2. Gigabitz

Gigabitz Member

omgroflolmaobbq!!!!!!!!!

3. Mine is an artful dodger.

4. Milton

Milton New Member

Mine is of Frank Sinatra. A classy guy.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Depends on how you feel about the mob, doesn't it? This is far from an isolated report.

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Classy in my book as well :)

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Better watch out.. his friends are still alive and might not take kindly to that allegation. :rolleyes:

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I rest my case.

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

It was sarcasm...:whacky025

10. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, duh...

11. SuperSpeed

SuperSpeed New Member

I live and work at a non-profit Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Pennsylvania, USA. That's me :o, preparing to release a Bald Eagle we nursed back to health some three years ago. I've since lost the beard, keeping only a moustache and goatee. The story behind this magnificent bird, who we brought to our Center after he had been poisoned, is on our website (link now in my signature). Just click on "Rehab Stories" on the left side of the home page and then on "Bald Eagle Rehabilitated" when the page loads. There's even a short TV News video at the bottom showing part of his release back into the sky! :cool:

The home page also features pics and a story (with links accessed by clicking "View His Story and Updates") on the current Bald Eagle we are treating after he (most likely) was hit by a TRAIN! :eek: The picture of me :o working on this new Immature Bald Eagle is very recent (yeah, I will probably have to take up HEADSHAVING next :happy102

Whew...maybe that was "too much information," but there you have the story behind my avatar! :rolleyes:

Hey...how funny is it that "SuperSpeed" now has "Super Speedy" under his name! :D

--Morrie

BamaT likes this.
  12. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

In the 1960s my Dad and I were members of a YMCA sponsored father & son organization called "Indian Guides". It was kind of an alternative to Boy Scouts and really brought Dad's and sons together in a great way. We had to choose Indian names. My Dad's name was Long Bow and I was Straight Arrow.

13. Sir Critic

Sir Critic Member

Great idea for a thread:happy088.

As can be seen I still do not have an avatar, but I am thinking about finding one.
    The problem is finding one that somewhat goes with my user name. (BTW, my user name, comes from the poem, The Owl Critic linked below, which was one of my first introductions to barbers and 'the good shave')

Would it be thread hijacking to ask people to also explain any unusual, user names?
    Don't if it is:o but do if it's not:D.

14. Sir Critic

Sir Critic Member

Off topic but...
    @ Single Wedge
    It's nice to see someone posting that lives fairly close to my corner of the world.

@ Morrie
    Maybe you should ask the mod's to kindly make "Super Speedy" permanent - until they change their minds;)

15. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Mine is a shavin' lady from a men's underwear ad, that states "Because men don't wanna look at naked men"...I have to agee, of course YMMV.

16. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Big ole' viking dudes engaged in a figure skating routine. Why, you ask? It makes me laugh.

17. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

My avatar is my left upper arm.. I have a lot of dragon tatoos and that also gives away my tag..

18. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Post a picture of Andy Rooney, the everything critic. :D

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Yes but it would be a great idea for another thread. :)

Here!

20. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I really dont feel the need to explain..................