Explain your avatar

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Single Wedge, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    avitars.jpg
    My avatar changes from time to time. It currently is a picture of two brushes I made from a wild cherry limb from a tree in my back yard.
    wildcherrybrushes1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

The wife and I conducting an experiment.

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You would probably like my Bride's Gmail avatar. :D

Rosie.jpg

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

j9.png

richgem and GDCarrington like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've had more than one (although not the quantity of Jim!)…
    The winking shaver to my left is from an old black & white Gillette promotional piece.
    Originally, he was holding a safety razor. When I made the switch over to straight razors, my avatar agreed to also make the switch. :D

6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Mine is my great great great grandpa. His name escapes me at the moment, my mom has all of this researched.

Explain? His mustache is the epitome of manliness.

wristwatchb, wags, dbersh and 10 others like this.
  7. Steinbeckian

Steinbeckian Active Member

My go-to for most forums, though it doesn't often match the name. Most of my undergrad work was dedicated to the man and his works.

8. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Back hair. Sad but true. Even laser treatment couldn't tame it.

9. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Long story. When I was a kid I hated art class. I was so bad at it and couldn't draw anything. So a long time later I did drawings for my daughter, she started telling how good she thought they were. So I bought some art supplies got some books from the library and started drawing. Turns out I wasn't as bad as I thought.
    The drawing in my avatar is James Dean. I know it is probably hard to tell. But I like that drawing. It was fun to do and it looks like a human being .
    The name Slow Joe is because i was part of an art forum. I noticed I was a lot slower to produce a new work of art than everybody else.
    Hence the name Slow Joe.

10. fimpster

fimpster Well-Known Member

Me.

(in Beijing)

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Just another day at work, prior to retirement. :)

12. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Self explanatory I hope. A friend sent it to me, and I thought it was quite apparent, and made me smile.

Love some of the reasons people are using.

13. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Its My L'occitane cade shave soap. Great performer and a really cool metal container.

I wanted something relevant to shaving and this was my first top notch soap =D

14. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Bogart was the epitome of manly cool in his day, the original president of the Rat Pack, and a straight razor shaver, so he seemed appropriate for a shaving forum.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

One of the best!
    Side note of related interest: In the early 1900s, my grandfather purchased, what was to be the eventual home I was born, two doors down from the Steinbeck residence. I lived there until the mid-1960s.
    The Steinbeck home looked much different in my childhood—it was a simple painted white house, small lawn & no garden, before they (the city) made it a landmark and restaurant, and dressed it up nicely. Two blocks down the street, close to downtown, the city built the Steinbeck museum.

The Steinbeck House/Restaurant as it appears today:
    [​IMG]

Our old home, two doors down, on Central Ave, Salinas, CA. Built circa 1885.
    centralAvHome.png

Steinbeck is gone, but Cal's Central Liquors is still going strong….In the early 60's, my brother and I used to walk down the street to Cal's, past the Steinbeck house (the rooftop can be seen in this photo), to satisfy our sweet tooths with licorice (2 for a penny) or pick up a box of cigarettes for my grandparents…:eek: Different times.
    Cals liquors.png

16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

My Grandfather.

wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  17. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Kemo Sabe, enough said.

18. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Self explanatory I do believe!

19. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

The Red Pony is not a children's book.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  20. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

It's just me.

Kilgore Trout and wristwatchb like this.