Factory Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by oscar11, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Yup that's it; but my AS and cologne has a greater variation; I like a scent that sticks with me. Shaving soap is to make shaving more comfortable so as long as it give a proper cushion and protection, I'm pretty happy. :)

2. brit

brit in a box

thats cool,i went off the deep end a little with soaps at first ,the try out phase of the hobby per se,so i don t really need any for quite a while .like 5 years +but i wont be replacing most of them..4 or 5 of my favorites will stay around eventually,my process i guess.

Frijolero, Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I would positively say for sure say that your statement is correct, about Stirling Soaps.

Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I second that statement. I went a lot overboard on purchasing soaps. :shocked003: :shaver

Frijolero, brit and Enrico like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I Like my artisan soaps, but I’m not exactly objective, since I make them. Of course, making my own, makes them very inexpensive.

6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

For some strange reason, many wetshavers seem to think anything not from an artisan is less than good. As in bears the mark of undiluted evil. I think it is bunch of nonsense. If a soap works well, who cares whether it was made by some dude in the kitchen sink or by a peeps in some factory?

If you really want to find out what is the definition of an artisan, go over to Damn Fine Shave and ask that question. The ensuing chaos will provide at least three weeks worth of entertainment. Personally, I define artisan as follows, primarily because it comes from a dictionary:

ar·ti·san
    /ˈärdəzən/
    noun
    noun: artisan; plural noun: artisans

a worker in a skilled trade, especially one that involves making things by hand.
    synonyms: craftsman, craftswoman, craftsperson, skilled worker, mechanic, technician, operative, maker, smith, wright, journeyman; (of food or drink) made in a traditional or non-mechanized way using high-quality ingredients.
    "local artisan cheeses"

So an artisan anything is something made by one of them thar folks.

Frijolero likes this.