Farewell Alex Trebek

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Alex Trebek died yesterday at the age of 80. I (and most of my family) have been log-time Jeopardy fans. We are all saddened by the loss of this charming, classy man.

Ursa, Paul Turner and cliffb599 like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

One of The Greatest. He will be Missed.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Paul Turner and Sara-s like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Did Alex take over from Art Fleming?

5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

My neighbor next door works with him on the show. He mentioned to me a few weeks ago that Trebek has been in poor health but wanted to keep working. He also mentioned what a fantastic guy Trebek is.

I heard an interview with him once where he said that he never gambles. When asked why he said that winning doesn't bring him much pleasure but he really hates to lose. I remember that interview because those are my sentiments exactly.

RIP.

6. brit

brit in a box

RIP..

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Art Fleming did the first version of the show. It ran from ‘64-‘74. The show was revived ten years later, with Trebek as host.

richgem, Ursa and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Fleming also hosted The All-New Jeopardy! in 1978-79, and was asked to host the 1984 version that runs to this day.

I'll never forget the dignity, class, and genuine good cheer that Mr. Trebek brought to Jeopardy! for all those years.

With my paternal grandparents both being francophones, I had a special appreciation for Trebek's unfailingly flawless enunciation of both English and French names and words.

richgem and Sara-s like this.