Favorite cocktails

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Erik Redd, Mar 18, 2015.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Shrimp cocktail? Pair that with a west coast IPA and you've got yourself a meal.

3. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Yes!!!

4. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I have recently been turned on to the Moscow Mule and variations such as Tennessee Mule and Kentucky Mule.
    All are great, since I love that ginger spice.

Chuck F likes this.
  5. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I can't pin it down to one favorite, but my favorites are:

Gin & Tonic
    Vodka & Tonic
    Martini (4:1 gin to vermouth, and if it's dirty I'm sending it back)
    Dark & Stormy (with plenty of lime)
    Old Fashioned (skip the fruity garnish)
    Negroni
    Or sometimes just a couple fingers of rye-based vodka straight from the freezer.

nelius22 and HolyRollah like this.
  6. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've never cared for any vodka drinks, but I do favor gin, so aside from my aforementioned gin martini, a limey G&T (gin & tonic) on a hot, sultry day does wonders.
    My wife favors them so I've become quite adept at making them.
    [​IMG]

Chuck F likes this.
  7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Old fashioned =)

8. Malacoda

Malacoda Active Member

For the past few months it's been the Aviation. A No. 4 (made with ~ 8 dashes of cardamom bitters instead of the cardamom pods) has been a close second.

9. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I'm with the Mojito group. The wife insists I make them. I favor dark rum, usually Cruzan aged. Or just Cruzan single barrel estate otr. Or Malibu with a twist.
    [​IMG]

10. Dzia Dzia

Or after working in the yard in the hot sun..... An ice cold Newcastle Brown.

11. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Once I discovered a Gin & Tonic, there is almost nothing else that I drink. I've got half a dozen Gins in my cabinet now. Love the stuff.

Also drink an occasional KC Tea - a drink rapped about by Local KC rapper Tech N9ne. It's a glass with some ice, a couple ounces of Hennessey, some lemon juice, then topped off with Sprite. It tastes just like lemon iced tea.

[​IMG]

12. rxshave

rxshave Member

Hendricks and Tonic... But made with tonic syrup (Porters) and Soda.

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Extra dirty vodka martini with two olives. Shaken hard, so there are lots of little slivers of ice floating on top.

14. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I pretty much either like bourbon, rye, or scotch either neat or on the rocks (depending on the actual libation in question).
    I do drink martinis sometimes. I like belvedere and blue cheese stuffed olives.

15. Dzia Dzia

Cruzan Single Barrel Estate Rum. On the rocks. No mixer. No hangover.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I retired from booze in 2003, but like @HolyRollah I preferred Sapphire Dry Martini, up. When I wasn't drinking whiskey and water.

HolyRollah likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I've taken lately to manhattans usually on the rocks. And particularly fire ball manhattans. (Your standard manhattan but made with Fire Ball (cinnamon) wiskey. Just the thing one needs on a cold night, preferably next to a a roaring fire.

Erik Redd likes this.
  18. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

I had my first Hot Butter Rum at THE BREAKERS in Kodiak Alaska. Steam everywhere, piles of king crab legs and sourdough bread and I'm with my barrack mates Jo Jo from DE-troit Michigan who looked like Jimi Hendricks and Luke from Arizona who was Frank Luke of WW1 incarnate. Lukes jaw drops and I look up to see a 6'9 crab fisherman in a red dress and heels walk by. I asked the barmade for another round to clear my eyes. Years later I'm talking with a Russian Orthodox Nun after matins and learn she was attending Saint Hermanns there at the same time. ' Whatever became of the fisherman who wore dresses?' I replied ' We found his boat listing 20 degrees encased in ice and nobody alive off dutch Harbour.' 'Oh, the poor man. we must light a candle for him Christopher.'
    It is my winter cocktail
    Summer, well, summer is another story

19. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Mojito. Great summer drink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richgem likes this.
  20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Havana Rum Punch at Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grill either on Sanibel Island or Ft Myers Beach FL. As a matter of fact I wish I was there right now. 63 and clear. Us Northerners would be in tshirts and shorts. Locals would be wearing pants and down jackets(no lie GI, I've seen it).

Erik Redd likes this.