Favorite Coffe Brand/ Flavor

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Daytonkb, Oct 26, 2013.

1. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

No particular blend favorites, but I do prefer 100% Arabica beans. Robusto bean blends (most supermarket blends) seem harsher and more bitter to me. Just because of convenience, I've recently bought Red Diamond 100% Arabica; however, my wife, who is drinks more coffee than I, buys Folgers Classic every time. And she makes it very strong; her dad used to put hot coffee over biscuits for and her sister when she was very young, and developed a taste for it early on. And her dad made it so strong I would have to water it down with more than 50% water!

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I think I have a new favorite....
    I roasted a pound of an Ethiopian coffee ("Chelelektu Yirga Cheffe"—say that fast 3x!)) to a nice, dark roast & let it rest overnight.
    Made an intense, full-bodied French-press cup that was very aromatic. Not too fruity nor floral; just really rich and flavorful. A good cup of Joe.
    I only bought a pound of the green beans ($6.50), so I may have to stock up!

[​IMG]

Daytonkb likes this.
  3. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

The Ethiopian Yrga Cheffe is high on my list of best coffee varietals too, Kevin. To my taste, it's a tiny bit more acidic and bitter than the Tanzanian Peaberry, but the right roasting process can probably swap those perceptions.

HolyRollah likes this.
  4. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

I'm not very picky when it comes to coffee, my favorite blend is what ever is in my cup.

Daytonkb and HolyRollah like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That, my friend, is the very definition of being 'not very picky.' ;)

6. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

So long as the cups not empty, I'm happy! :)

HolyRollah likes this.
  7. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I just brewed a can of coffee...Hmmmm...delicious!!! :) The beans were grinded in my "Dienes Mokka".

[​IMG]

Just lovely to drink fresh roasted coffee. With a tiny shot of caramel sirup and a bit of milk...:love029::love055:

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"With a tiny shot of caramel and a bit of milk..." !?!?!??? :sick007: :rolleyes005: :ahem:

Just kidding. It's your coffee. Enjoy it your way. :happy088:

Love the looks of that grinder. Very classy.

HolyRollah likes this.
  9. ChiefShaver

...hit me Baby one more time...:happy093:

The grinder is from my grandma...it stood in her kitchen over a few years...without using it. Once a day i asked her if i could have this beauty. Now it´s mine. I love it. At the moment i´m thinking to buy this:
    http://www.zassenhaus.com/index.php?i=755

BamaT likes this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

So, Steve, can I assume you're not a fan of those $5 "Caramel-mocha macchiato, half&half with sprinkles" concoctions I see blended up daily at those swanky coffee establishments?;)
    I believe they DO contain some coffee, but never daring to order one, I can't confirm this.
    [​IMG]

Daytonkb likes this.
  11. swarden43

Some things just need to be outlawed.

HolyRollah likes this.
  12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Steve's probably not a big fan of these, either:

[​IMG]

BamaT likes this.
  13. ChiefShaver

Hmmm,looks very good. Yummy!!! :)

14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The two biggest-selling coffee drinks at Starbuck: Caramel Macciato & Frappucino...
    Somehow, I can never see myself seriously using the word, 'Frappucino' in a public marketplace.

oscar11 likes this.
  15. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I think I'd rather shave with that razor than slurp one of those FrappaMacciato thingeess...;)

16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I like French press Peet's Sumatran coffee. I like 8 o' clock French roast when I make Latte's.

I don't like Charbucks at any time, though.

Paul Turner and Daytonkb like this.
  17. SpcJWill

SpcJWill New Member

I only drink coffee I grind at home. Im really enjoying a nice gautamalan bean right now but I love trying new flavors

18. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

I've tried DD, Tim's, Starbucks, 8 o clock, chase and sanborne and a few others over the years. I drink my coffee black and I have to say I've been overall unimpressed. The hunt goes on...

19. dcc

dcc Well-Known Member

Davidoff

20. swarden43

You gotta try roasting your own. Super easy.