Favourite Cola

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sabre, Jan 31, 2018.

?

Favourite Cola

1. Coca Cola

2. Pepsi

3. RC

4. C&C Cola

5. Faygo/Shasta/Other

6. Sam's Choice/Store Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

You and I sound like we had a lot of the same experiences growing up. I lived very close to my grandparent’s farm, and spent a lot of time there. Their place was 325 acres, and nothing but farms around them. None of the neighbors cared if you entered their property, as long as you stayed out of the fields. So it was like being on 3 times that much ground. I also swam in a creek that ran through their place. My grandparents didn’t own the place and gave up farming 2 years ago, at the time they were both 88 years old. My grandfather will be 90 at the end of the month, my grandmother already is 90.
    My brother and I would take our kids down to the creek to swim, and we spend a weekend down there every summer camping. Even though my grandparents no longer live there, we still get permission to camp there every summer. Good times! We will be going there sometime in June!
    My son, niece and nephew have more fun in that creek and woods, than they do on any of the expensive vacations.

brit, wristwatchb and BamaT like this.
  2. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

Late to the party I know, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on some lemon Fanta in the CONUS? You can buy it on Amazon but I ain’t payin’ what they’re askin’....

brit likes this.
  3. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Me at my computer after a typical day of work... Tab after work.JPG

gorgo2, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Just noticed that Jolt is available here in Florida. I haven't had it in over 20 years and doubt I'll try it now. Figured it was extinct.

brit and Ursa like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

wristwatchb, Enrico and Ursa like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

used to drink gallons of coke, gave up soft drinks and have lost a ton..but still have a coke as a treat,right out of the ice box, just on the edge of frosty..awesome...

BamaT, Sabre, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I enjoyed soda while we were in Africa because it was made of real sugar. Lots of Fanta and Coke, but anything cold was great, and that included water!

brit, Ursa and wristwatchb like this.
  8. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

My wife and I are Coca Cola fans. Our son prefers Pepsi. My close second is Henry's Hard Soda, orange flavored, and sweetened with cane sugar. The reality is I don't drink much soda anymore though. If I want carbonation I usually go for seltzer. But these two are my favs.

image.png image.png

brit, Enrico and Ursa like this.
  9. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

On the verge of diabetes, I don't drink sugary soda except as a special treat maybe once or twice a month.

A good old Coke, Pepsi, RC, or Faygo Cola seems to taste so much better now than it did when I had one of two a day.

I guess it's like fine wine--if you drank it every single day, it would stop being one of life's finer things and become quite ordinary.

brit likes this.
  10. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Ask your local Coca-Cola bottler about Lemon Fanta. There's a chance they could help you locate some.

My hometown Coca-Cola bottler is awesome handling special requests. Got an old Coke machine that dispenses 10-ounce bottles? No problem--they'll do a run of 10-ouncers to set you right up.

brit and Mr Two Bits like this.
  11. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

554CDD04-CA68-4550-80EF-41B3812B3316.jpeg Cheerwine catches a lot of crap around my part of the world and I don’t know why... I LOVE this stuff!

PLANofMAN, Enrico and Ursa like this.
  12. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

You, sir, are obviously a gentleman of refinement and taste.

PLANofMAN and Mr Two Bits like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Same here. Coca Cola was our standard drink, buying multiple 2 liter bottles weekly. If it wasn’t coke, it was sweet tea. I haven’t completely given up Coke, but now it’s mostly water, coffee, and unsweetened tea. I view a periodic Coke now as a treat. Over the past 4 to 5 years, I’ve lost 40 pounds. When I pick up a 40 pound of dog food, I think man, I was lugging that around all day every day. But sometimes I just have to have a Coke, I just don’t do it very often!

brit likes this.
  14. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Cherry cola is the only cola I’ve had in 25+ years and I can count those on one hand. If only I had the same willpower in other areas of my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I tried a sip of my daughters Cherry ColaCola, yesterday. It was pretty good. It was a Kroger brand Black Cherry Cola, pure cane . Nice taste, but sweet. Since i dont drink sodas, except rare occasions, i only had a sip, I'm not big into sweet drinks.

Enrico likes this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

me too, coke is now a treat as it should be,stopped for weight control as well,but still love it,,

BamaT likes this.
  17. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

RC I don't like coca cola it just tasts weird to me just RC cola for me :eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Root Beer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I tried the orange-vanilla coke recently. I love "creamsicle" flavor but it just didn't work well, in combination with cola.

BamaT, steve207, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

the vanilla coke was ok..many moons ago when i last saw it..