Feather Adjustable DE Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PLANofMAN, Nov 2, 2019.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    610FAdJ9cEL._SY679_.jpg Thought someone might like to see this. It certainly slipped under my radar.

https://www.houseofbeautyworld.com/...rpPOTPX_YznLuoUfyKYpI7j3Ie9ickPRoCZd0QAvD_BwE

"The Feather Adjustable Double Edge Razor is very similar to our Feather Popular Double Edge Razor. The difference is a unique feature that allows you to switch between a mild and aggressive shave. By switching the lever to '1' the blade has less exposure and gives a more mild shave. If you switch to '2' the blade becomes more exposed and gives a more aggressive shave. The adjustable blade exposure gives a personalized shave so you can determine what's best for your skin and hair type.

This razor works best with Feather Double Edge Blades. The Feather Adjustable Double Edge Razor comes with 2 Feather Double Edge Blades. The razor handle and blades are made in Japan."

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. brit

brit in a box

first time i heard of this one..looks cool..

kjbarth, PLANofMAN and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Very reasonably priced. I predict that this will sell well.

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Very interesting!

kjbarth, PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i am thinking a lot more razors will sell well..injector and de seem to be going more mainstream..

lightcs1776, kjbarth and PLANofMAN like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I think I've seen folks here post SOTD picks of them.

Love to hear a review.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    A few more details, for those who don't click through to the site. It's basically modelled on the Feather Popular, (which isn't). The popular is widely considered to be one of the most mild DE razors out there.

This adjustable only has two settings, one of which probably is the same as the popular, and the other is more aggressive.

I can see this razor being popular with folks who do an aggressive first pass and mild second pass... or vice versa.

And the handle is very retro. Looks like a slimmed down version of Gillette's original razor patent.

Edit: reading the reviews, some people find setting 1 more mild than the popular, while others think it is more aggressive. Setting 2 is definitely more aggressive than the popular, but still within the range that most people would call moderate, rather than aggressive.

Edit 2: I should have said, "which isn't popular with the majority of shaving forum members due to it's extreme mildness, a trait it shares with the Gillette Blue Tip Superspeed.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  8. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I have a feather popular and love it. @ about $15 I love it even more.
    Currently 95% of my shaves are SR
    Not sure I want to spend $34 on a plastic razor, that would not get much use, along with all the other DE’s I own.
    I feel the feathers are engineered around the feather blade, Curious how it would shave with other blades especially on aggressive setting

9. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

Anybody shave with this? Any reviews? I have amazon gift card......

PLANofMAN and brit like this.