Feather BS

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sugarbush gnome, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Kind of forgot about this discussion hence the delay. Anyway I'm very surprised to hear that he shaves customers w/ a DE. You don't hear about that happening very often. As for neck hair vs. whiskers I will have to kindly disagree and say there is a point. Neck fuzz is much softer and easier to shave than whiskers. I would venture to say that most any blade (even the unpopular one's) would shave neck fuzz quite well. Therefore telling the difference would basically be a mute point as they would all shave well enough.

If he's successfully shaving customers w/ Derbys, Merkurs and the like then he's the better for it as Feathers cost more and aren't really worth it IMO. Others do love them though so to each his own and all that.

EDIT: After thinking on it some more it also occurs to me that the customers who are being shaved would be the one's I would want to hear from regarding how effective they thought the blade/shave was. In the end it's their opinion that would tell the tale so to speak.

2. ndw76

ndw76 New Member

I think Astra DE blades are sharper than Feather DE blades, but feather give me a smoother shave. I know sharper should mean a smoother shave, but I get the smoother shave from Feather. I did the HHT on both Feather DE blades and Astra DE blades. Astra passed the test but Feather failed.
    But in the end I prefer the way the Feather feels on my skin.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I used a Astra in an Aristocrat tonight and didn't get too great of a shave. I dont think I like blades that sharp in such an aggressive razor. I'll have to find a new source for tigers.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Different strokes for different folks, some blades do well on different people. For some the feather is the greatest thing since sliced bread, for others the feather is terrible. Doesn't make one right and the other wrong just different people. Personally anything works on me.