Feather REALLY wants your money.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by JimR, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jordan84

jordan84 New Member

Thats one sexy razor but for the price I dont think I would want to touch it Id put it on display.

2. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

Wow, it's beautiful. My budget won't allow for anything like the price.

3. Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Member

For that kind of money you can also pick up the stainless steel PILS razor, which I think is likely a better razor. Though it all depends on how they both shave. I don't think I'll ever be able to try either due to them being priced in the clouds.

Compared to this things the Vision is a "budget razor".

[​IMG]

4. Jackliquor

Jackliquor New Member

It doesn't look cheap. Reminds me a bit of the Futur and that was expensive at almost 100. Way too expensive. I'd pay around 50 for this easily.
    Andy

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

It looks pretty decent, I would take one for around $30 give or take a few $$$.

6. I'm no Donald Trump but this sounds like a low ball offer ! ;)

7. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Ouuuuuccchhhhh

8. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

nice

wow that's nice but not worth $300. I think its waaaaay over priced even if you where wealthy enough to get it. the stand is neat. I have been wanting a new razor I think Ill just wait for the new Ikons as well.

9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

USD 300 in Japan, but how much is it, or would it be, outside of Japan? As I understand it, Japanese products go through many middlemen before reaching the consumer. A razor sold by Feather to overseas buyers might only go through one or two middlemen before reaching a retail store.

10. Loner16

Loner16 New Member

The head looks strikingly similar to the $11 Feather Portable...

11. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

My thoughts exactly.

12. bperryman1

bperryman1 Member

IMO it should come with a lifetime supply of feather blades for that amount

13. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Kinda makes me wonder if someone at Feather accidentally added a zero to the price: 2,730 JPY just sounds more realistic. :eek:

14. ccgnet

ccgnet New Member

Thats a lot of money for a DE razor. !!!!!!!!

15. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Have they lost there mind! Thats like 200 Quid. It isn't even like they have to retool the production line in a major way. As for the sword smith part, bull-crap. If I want something a sword smith makes I'll buy a sword.

16. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

lol agreed, very nice package, def a big fan of the stand gonna try and machine something like that on the lathe i think. $300 is insane.

17. MaxP

MaxP Member

Hmmm.

At $299, MAYBE I'd consider it, but no way am I going to pay $300 for a razor.

18. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I did get a Pils: definitely overpriced (it's not that complex a razor), but also definitely high quality. It gives a superb shave. But I'll pass on the Feather.

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Welcome back Michael!!!!! :D:D:D

20. Philthy Bastard

Philthy Bastard New Member

That razor stand is brilliant! Any of you blokes know where a fella might be able to pick one up (with having to drop 300 clams on the whole set)?