February 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2019.

?

What favorites will you be using this month?

1. My favorite DE other than a Fatboy!

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. My Fatboy - because it's AWESOME!!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Another adjustable - because it's almost as AWESOME as the Fatboy!

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. A straight razor or two or three - because the Dark Side and I are one!

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. SE razors - because they are the coolest and vintagiest of all the vintages!

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  6. Mostly cookies. Maybe some cake. And ice cream when I can get it!

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It's Igor's job to hit the panic button at 510 or less. He then runs through the offices in only a loin cloth screaming incoherently to make sure we all get the idea it's time to panic. Usually seeing him in the loin cloth is enough to set off the panic as well.

2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Aaaaahhh, I see, so that's why you bought 500 more.

3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

That's a good looking Kampfe. I enjoy mine, but I do have to make sure that I am really focused when I use it. I can get really great shaves with it, but if I try to get on cruise control it can turn on me quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Since I'm already a few days in, I've decided to go all in this month and do my first real rule. Ever Ready SE, Persona GEM blades, Institute Karite soap, Institute Karite balm, 30DC brush. So far it's working very, very nicely.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

5. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Great combo, Jim! I really enjoy the Gin and Tonic. Maybe I’ll m bomb some in the spring as well.

6. jtspartan

That is a super cool photo, Patrick. I was about to ask what was in the bottle, but I see Andrew beat me to it!

7. jtspartan

One of your best photos, Bruce! Very neat colours, too.

8. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks very much Jason.

9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very nice Chris, keep us posted on how it's going.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good thing he usually wears a robe over it.

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

February Faves & Fat Boys

Williams (Modern) Shave Soap*
    Surrey/VDH boar brush
    Suribachi & hot water
    '59 Fat Boy on 9
    Gillette 7 O'clock Green
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS
    SOTD 02062019 Williams SS.gif *Williams (Modern) shave soap puck passed through a grater, doused with Aqua Velva Blue, mashed into an Old Spice mug and topped with a small amount of near boiling water, then left to set for a few minutes. I've never bloomed with 200 degree water before. The slightly sheddy old brush gave a couple bristles to the process, but helped settle the loose chips of soap. Transferring the well loaded, nigh saturated brush to the suribachi I was able to raise a respectable lather. On application to my beard the AS menthol provided a slight cooling effect and the lather held it's form throughout the 1st pass. Relathering, 2nd, & again for a 3rd. Since the brush was generating so much stable lather and the DE was gliding so well I did the fiddly bits on my lower neck and just under the curve of my chin. Post shave the feel was well hydrated. I finished with a splash of the Blue AS. Squeezing out the knot I recovered a fair amount of unused lather that rejoined the sloppy mess in the mug. It was left covered to settle but will soon be opened to dry.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

13. wristwatchb

Fantastic haul, Jim! Congrats!

14. wristwatchb

Congrats Neal. You've been raking it in lately! :git:

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Keep your fingers crossed. Just over 20 hours and we'll see if I add to the haul. ;)

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Charlie!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

17. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers ,wednesday night shave..thought i would give the brit flat bottom new a go tonight.loaded with a gsb, the omega 10005 boar brush built a fantastic c and e lime lather aided by the captains choice heavy copper shave bowl.,nice hot towel prep on a cold night.proceeded with a nice 2 pass combination shave with minor pick ups..awesome shave..love this razor,becoming a favorite more every shave..finished with a touch of thayers lemon witch hazel and c and e lime cologne..have a great thursday everyone.. 20190206_214017.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Terry, RyX, FaceScraper and 14 others like this.
  18. jtspartan

Love the new bowl, Gary. Very Nice!

RyX, FaceScraper, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you jason,as much as i like my misc. repurposed bowls i have it was time to get something i have wanted for a long time, but bonus.a non breakable version..

RyX, FaceScraper, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks...but did you do a mindmeld with shavette fu???? Sheezh.

Terry, RyX, FaceScraper and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.