February 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2020.

?

Name your favorite!

1. Straight razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Vintage DE razors.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Modern DE razors.

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  4. SE razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Pain sticks.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Badger brushes.

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  7. Boars

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Synthetics

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  9. Cookies

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  10. Polls that don't take 10 minutes to fill out!!

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Clint! Looking forward to the shave!

9nein9, Trigger, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great lineup and photo Amigo. Love the brush. Try to stay warm.

Wonderful shave and photo Danny. Enjoy the day trip with your wife.

Beautiful shave with an excellent report. Bravo.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave and photo Terry. I hope you have a great day.

Beautiful shave and photo Gary.

timabababaluka, 9nein9, Terry and 5 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Clint,have a fine sunday..

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 16, 2020
    Rex Ambassador
    Gillette 7 O’clock Black
    Mr. EE #4 with Maggard SHD
    A&E Dirty Ginger
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Whew. It is very nice to have Maya visit for the weekend but it is a whirlwind of activity to get her out and on her way back to Lexington. At last I was able to get to my shower and shave. The Mr. EE#4 loaded the Dirty Ginger soap with ease. I always get a tingle when using the soap, so I decided to add 4 drops of the B&M Terrorade cooling agent. The lather was cool enough that I didn't notice the tingle. I dialed the Rex back up to 6 and went with a 3 pass shave. Reducing the setting to 1, I touched up along my jawline and buffed my neck. The result was another drama free BBS shave. A splash of the matching Dirty Ginger aftershave left me smelling good. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful shave and picture, Clint! Safe travels to Maya.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. The drive back to school is roughly 7 hours which makes it a long day for her. It was nice to have her home for the weekend.

8. jgreenepa

I agree, and am expecting a very different result. I notice that the tilt I observed between cap and baseplate is gone! Everything seems even. Matt himself shaved with it and said it is performing as it should!

9. jgreenepa

Wow! You are now the Rex shavemaster! The razor upon examination looks balanced and true. Matt Pisarcik has blessed it, so that’s good enough for me! Looking forward to a very different experience tomorrow!

timabababaluka, 9nein9, Terry and 5 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Clint..

11. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Maestro! Beautiful description of the process! You’re an excellent subtle enabler. I wish I could do blade forward shaving, but it’s just not to be for me!

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jeff. Today made 16 shaves in a row with the Rex. I almost messed up yesterday. I had started the shave before I realized, I hand not installed the top plate correctly. I am not even sure how that was possible. Let's say the first shave stroke was an eye opener. :eek:

I am glad Matt was able to find and fix the problem for you. Now you can truly evaluate the razor.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

14. jgreenepa

Sorry about your shave process, but the result seems more than acceptable! One of the positives of a fragrance-sensitive SWMBO is that I never experience the kind of potential allergic response you describe. Here’s to a better shave tomorrow!

15. jgreenepa

Great pic and gorgeous razor, Gary! I have a 1928 New Standard I picked up at the Collectibles Mtg last October in Cincinnati. For my own learning what’s the basic difference between the Belmont and this razor? I love the shave on the New Standard 1CF72E40-A918-42BD-83A8-BBA09A1CE8D7.jpeg D1902509-19F4-42FB-B64E-77981D8B3F2F.jpeg

16. jgreenepa

Great shave report, Terry! Sounds like you’re finally making the leap into blade forward shaving! Good for you! I look forward to following your adventures in this arena. Hope you enjoyed your coffee and your day!

17. brit

brit in a box

nice razor.your new standard/improved has pins and is designed around gillette's 3 hole blades.the new deluxe is designed to use the new blades made from 1930 ish up.the ones we use today.. 20200216_101114.jpg
    mine also being a 2 piece has a crease near the knob to prevent it from coming out.only brits have this feature late in the new deluxe run..1935..

18. jgreenepa

Great pic, although I shiver just looking at it. Let’s hope things warm up for all of us soon! By the way, happy belated anniversary! 30 yrs is an accomplishment nowadays. I had 38 yrs with my Anita before I lost her! Cherish her! I’m sure you do based on your post!

19. jgreenepa

Great shave, Danny! That Imperial soap sounds interesting. Where do you source it? Hope you had a wonderful day with your wife!

20. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary, for the info! You’re the man! I may have to get a New Improved to compare the shave!

9nein9, Terry, clint64 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.