February 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

My family is in SW PA and we're without power for an entire week less than a decade ago. They basically had to huddle together in their basement around an indoor wood stove. They are in the country but not the Boonies. They said never again and invested in a whole house generator that Spring. They've only used it a few times since then but they now consider it essential. It's a little hard to believe it can take a week to get the power back on but it happens. I hope you don't get an ice storm.

2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

AB6F6935-27CF-4C20-B74E-530F55BBE8E2.jpeg

SRS # 637

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wade & Butcher 5/8 French Point
    Brush: CRD Sky Dragon 26 mm Synthetic
    Lather: Williams Mug Soap
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Wonderful simple classic shave this morning. I have used the Williams soap in a while. It was just calling to me. I whipped up the lather in the mug for approximately 40 seconds to get a nice load. I proceeded to use the Fine Lather bowl to whipped up a nice lather. I added five dropsof glycerin instead of water to the bowl as a way to add some additional slickness. It worked like a charm.

A three pass shave commenced. The results were fabulously smooth and a silent alum report to boot. The Aqua Velva finished this shave off nicely.

I hope you all have a great day. Now it is off to Queens.

3. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Today is 2/2/22. Unfortunately this date does not fall on a "Two-sday." Nevertheless, I will be planning a double shave using two of everything to commemorate this unique date.

Update, 2/22/22 is a "Two-sday." Tonight is a practice run.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great classic shave Joe! Safe travels.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  5. Trigger

Today is a no shave day.

JACarbone, wristwatchb and brit like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The last time I had a "no-shave" day was when I was in the hospital. A couple years ago.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

As you know, I don't need to shave every day as evidenced by my picture. It was 19 hrs since I shaved.

20220202_112400.jpg

I could shave at 10 pm, but it would only be 29 hrs. I have shaved with that amount of growth, but it's usually in the morning. Shaving tomorrow will give me a heavier stubble which is much more fun to shave.

8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

16D9CCC1-07A1-4B87-980E-B1E326A9748B.png
    SOTD WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2022

Apologies for my absence, but it took me a bit longer to recover from a recent medical procedure; one I undergo twice a year. Hard to believe I’ll be hitting 3/4 of a century on Friday! Since this is Favorites February for me, I decided to shave with a vintage favorite, the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16, and a modern artisan favorite, my SS Supply V2 injector.

Needless to say the mug shave was magnificent! David Work, a former jeweler, is on of the finest straight razor restorationists working today! Like his UK peer, Joseph of Edge Dynamics, he took an old Sheffield maker’s blade and restored it to like new, factory store condition. The edge on this old razor is buttery smooth, and always a joy to shave with. I really indulged myself and removed five day’s worth of mug whiskers in three very pleasant passes, leaving me oh-so-smooth!

Of all my new artisan SE safety razors, my two favorites are the Colonial General V2 and my Supply V2. My preferred plate for the Supply is the three dot plate, the most efficient. I loaded a fresh Schick Injector II twinblade, and proceeded to remove five days worth of noggin stubble. The Supply didn’t balk at the task, but did take three passes, the first WTG, and the next two ATG. The noggin to neck velveteen smoothness I always seek was the result.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), Supply V2 (Dome)
    BLADE: Schick Injector II Twinblade (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handled Hybrid Knot
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Post Shave Balm.

9. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe,i moved my shift to thursday a slippery commute is forecast this afternoon.not a big snow event by any sense but an inch here creates utter chaos.:D

JACarbone, wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

oh those eyebrows..:D..Artie missed a spot..;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Jeff.happy birthday:cool::greet002:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Joe.love the scales on that razor.:cool:

JACarbone, Trigger and jgreenepa like this.
  13. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Pre -:greet002:greetings for Friday Jeff... Wishing you peace happiness, good health and contentment on your coming 75th birthday.
    Yours-Barry.."The green tea drinking limey".

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  14. jgreenepa

Fabulous shave kit and photos, Gary! I’ve always admired that razor! Cool looking handle, and you can’t beat a good solid Tech shave!

15. jgreenepa

Great shavette shave, Joe!

16. jgreenepa

Thanks, Barry! Much appreciated! Don’t drink too much of that green tea, my friend! Next thing you know you’ll be shopping for Japanese razors!

17. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:p

18. jgreenepa

Glad your shave went well, Eric!

JACarbone, ewk, brit and 1 other person like this.
  19. jgreenepa

True, but would you enjoy the ride as much! ;)

JACarbone, ewk, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. jgreenepa

Glad your Slim shave went well, Eric! Did you change the settings during the shave?

JACarbone, SRQShaver and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.