February 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Well done Eric.

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great Gem shave, Eric! The Sabre is a superb safety razor!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Gary. I have notice that the sneak previews have been absent as of late. :eatdrink047:

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Charlie. I hope all went well with Kathy’s doctor appointment.

wristwatchb, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe.

jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Hey Scuffy! You can bust our the razor earlier, your allowed you know.

7. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Remember that Nancy Boy is one of your favorites as well. Very nice shave.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary.

9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

He is got a regular full-time job.

JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Eric and fantastic focus this month.

11. Trigger

I could, but I won't. I like to give my skin a rest every few days. Besides, I get more of the buttery toast sounds when the scruff is longer. I am looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  12. jgreenepa

My focus is never on software! I only use three, MWF, Castle Forbes, and Nancy Boy. It’s all about the steel!

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

will accommodate asap..thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  14. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

2/22/22 Double Shave

Razor/Blade 1: Feather DX/Feather Pro
    Razor /Blade 2: Timeless Aluminum/Feather
    Brush: Omega 49
    Soaps: Williams Mug/Col. Conk grated together
    IMG_20220202_203324533.jpg
    Started shave with one pass of the Feather DX. Much thanks to the excellent advice of the gentlemen here who described it as "removing lather" instead of trying to shave. That made all the difference. After carefully removing lather from cheeks and neck, I even took a few strokes on the chin. No nicks or cuts. What a relief. There is hope. Maybe a March focus. We shall see. Finished the shave XTG and ATG with the aluminum Timeless, a wonderful razor that I have not used in a few months.

15. Trigger

Excellent shave Eric! You just proved to yourself that you can shave with a shavette. I will be doing a shavette shave video this month. I will be discussing the differences between shaving with a straight and a shavette.

16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd February 2022.

d.jpg
    Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: Anbbas Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D4)
    Razor: Schick Type G Injector.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Quorum ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

Final outing of the Schick injector razor to finish my shaving week of on a high. My introductory with the injector razor has totally amazed me. The shave's that both the Schick & Personna PTFE SS blade duo have provided me throughout the week have been some the most close comfortable, enjoyable near BBS shaves i have had to date. No exaggeration!....If i had the choose a vintage SE razor as a daily shaver then the Schick injector would be it ...A superb non-aggressive yet, efficient & smooth shaver which is a pleasure to use...and a wonderful introductory to vintage injector razors.

I have mentioned in my postings many times i have never been on a irrational obsessional wet shaving quest to chase "BBS" each time i shave, i find it completely pointless to cause unnecessary risk of irritation nicks & cuts to get 'BBS PERFECTION' as after a few hours my ugly mug feel's like sandpaper again..."PERFECTION IS THE ENEMY OF THE PERFECTLY ADEQUATE" IMHO... As always opinions are very subjective. YMMV.

My personal aim is to get a close comfortable error-free shave which most of the time i achieve. However, from time to time, like any wet shaver i get the occasional cuts, weepers and irritation which is all part of the fun in our pleasurable traditional wet shaving hobby.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the Schick Type G Injector, it's the only SE & DE razor that i have instantly bonded and felt comfortable off the bat...And that in Itself is unique, as it normally takes me a few shaves to get a real feel of a razor...Have i finally found my signature razor?

As for the longevity of the Personna PTFE SS blade it still feels smooth and efficient...I will continue to use it in my up and coming shaves until it starts to feel dull and uncomfortable to use.

Next week i intend to do a head shave with the Schick Injector and to trying out the Gem SE Featherweight razor with the Ted Pella SE PTFE SS blade for the full week.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close near BBS comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

17. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I am equally amazed by the smoothness and efficiency of the G. I was most surprised at how well it works as a head shaver. There are a very select few razors that work well on my head, and the Schick injector is one of them.

brit, JACarbone, MaineYooper and 3 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

79250AF3-F937-4AC1-948D-367FAE97CF6B.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 3, 2022

Woke up to a very rainy morning that appears to be dissolving the five or so inches we received over last weekend. Today is my child bride’s birthday, and tomorrow is mine. She is 65 today and yours truly will be 75 tomorrow! We’re going into the city today to pick up my bride’s birthday cake and will spend the next few days there.

This morning’s shave featured my Victor Creazzi Shorty 7/8. This little razor is a surprisingly good little shaver and a perfect example of Vic’s flexibility. The blade shape is a traditional square toe, and was amazingly sharp when it first arrived about 9 or so months ago. So much so that my first stroke resulted in a very bright racing stripe. I have since blunted the tip, but the mug shave, like all Vic’s razors, was amazing! Two and a half passes left me glassine smooth. I admit it; I’m a Creazzi fanboy!

The noggin shave was excellent as well. I purchased my first Durham Duplex straight razor a few months ago, and liked it so much that I sought out the company’s safety razor. Durham Duplex is still in business operating out of the UK. And it’s not surprising given the quality of their razors, although they have since 1960 diversified into a variety of different products. My two pass ATG noggin shave was every bit as close as the preceding mug shave and left me velveteen smooth from noggin to neck.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi Shorty 7/8 (Mug), Durham Duplex Safety Razor (Dome)
    BLADE: Ever Ready Hair Trimmer
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 Aluminum Handled SynBad Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    brit, JACarbone, SRQShaver and 2 others like this.
  19. Trigger

How awesome that you had a super Schick injector shave on your first try Barry. I have used my Schick E3 for headshaves with Chicks and the results were great! Have a super day!

brit, JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  20. Trigger

Great shave, pic, setup and post Jeff! Enjoy you and your wife's birthdays. May you have many more enjoyable years together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.