Fedoras, Pork Pies, Trilbys, What is Your Favorite Hat?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Bird Lives, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Is it anything like these ones?

Luziana_Geezer likes this.
  2. wags

wags New Member

It was last July (2014) and I already had to check the map to remind myself, haha. I wanted to say we got off the streetcar at Philip St. I was close. I think we may have gotten off at Philip but it is basically at the intersection of Jackson Ave and Magazine. It is VERY walkable if you're in town and taking the St. Charles streetcar. Anyone in the neighborhood should make sure to stop in at Aidan Gill which is just 1 block away (down river) on Magazine.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Magazine street location: http://www.goorin.com/hat-shops/magazine-street

4. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Thanks.

5. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

Yep! This one's even the right colors:

[​IMG]

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow! Looks like a fun time....

7. Luziana_Geezer

I was just going over this thread again, and noticed Chris' comment on clothing and rolled cigarettes etc. I wondered for a time whether the intent was to write _ironic_ instead of _iconic_ then realized that I have a "Don't Tread On Me" T-shirt that my wife will not allow me to wear outside of the house. Accordingly, it has always been a matter for much thought to consider why people would want to have polo players or alligators portrayed on their clothes. And why would anyone even think about wearing something from a company that brands its clothing "Duckhead?"

8. Luziana_Geezer

I hope so.

9. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

Tag...I will be back.

10. Luziana_Geezer

I am looking to buy a Fedora similar to the one Coburn wore in Duck, You Sucker, the Sergio Leone film about the Mexican Revolution. Steiger's wasn't bad either, but Coburn's has the look.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

12. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I have a Tilley hat and an Indiana Jones hat. I only wear them when I will not have to remove them until I get back home or wherever I can shower. My hair and hats don't get along.

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

My hats have no worries about having to deal with hair ... :happy093:

Bird Lives and Radiotube like this.
  14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my head has to worry about hats. I have recurrent folliculitis and since I started shaving my dome it seems to get worse when I wear hats.

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

First off....when my fedora or trilby is the right size, I do not get "hat-hair"....I used to but I was wearing hats that were to small or with a loose lining or a crown with too much taper....

Second....I had a mole removed from my scalp, under my hair...You could not see it, but it could see the sun and it was cancer...Now I see why hats were so popular for so long...Luckily, The cancer was removed, but the hats are staying....};^))

Garrett, thats a drag about the folliculitus....Sorry to hear about it....But please stay out of the Sun....

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. DAN LEWIS

DAN LEWIS Member

If I wear a hat, it's usually this one, but I throw on a ball cap on occasion as well

IMG_3230.JPG

17. A London fog driving cap/ivy.

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I am a cap guy; I have a couple of ivy caps, and a newsboy cap. Some Irish tweed, one linen, and a silk one.

GatorJoe likes this.
  19. Luziana_Geezer

I would love to have another Irish tweed; I have never been fortunate enough to find a linen cap, though.

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

It's midnight, and I'm travelling from Denmark to Sweden by train. I look forward to my bed!

I'm wearing a "Hatman of Ireland" Donegal Tweed cap tonight.
    [​IMG]

GDCarrington likes this.