[Final Survey] for NBJ participants

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Aug 1, 2014.

1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

Questions:

Q1: Did participating in NBJ change in any way how you view your haves, wants and needs going forward when it comes to purchasing shaving related products?

Being Injectorless (used up all my blades) made me appreciate my injectors more.

Q2: Would you consider participating in NBJ every year - or was once enough for you?

I don't think one month was enough. Ideally I think the real goal is no buy 2015. Or no buy lifetime. Excepting consumables of course. I'd like to just stop buying stuff and only replace things as needed and be happy with what I have for the rest of my life.

dscaver, Omelmad and Shaver X like this.
  2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Yes, I am going to buy a little more stuff and start using it up before I buy more.
    Yes, I would participate again.

Mr. Shaverman and Omelmad like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

No Buy July did not change my wants, because I want to have only that which is needed to get a nice, close shave. It is the wetshaving version of being present in the moment. Any clutter is to be avoided because it does not contribute anything and has significant drawbacks - lots of storage space required, unnecessary expense, and... well, it's clutter. As for my needs, those have remained constant for the last 40 years - razor, blade/cartridge, shaving cream or soap, aftershave, and since taking up traditional wetshaving, a brush and mug.

My views toward traditional wetshaving changed somewhat. I have tried about 70 different blade types over the last several years, mostly in an Edwin Jagger DE89L and a Merkur 34C. The second safety razor - double edge blade combination I used was the Merkur and Derby blades. That combo was outstanding, and I now realize I should have stopped looking then and there. Maybe tried one or two different blade types per year after that, but maybe not even that. Then I could have spent time, interest and effort on something else. For me, shaving is a part of life, not a hobby, not the primary focus and certainly not an obsession. That notion was reinforced by No Buy July.

Sure, I would participate every year. My participation might help others find even more peace and contentment in traditional wetshaving. Not to mention more peace in general thanks to placated wives and girlfriends. ;)

I agree completely, and intend to do the same. IMHO, No Buy July has been a resounding success!

ObiDon and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Q1: Did participating in NBJ change in any way how you view your haves, wants and needs going forward when it comes to purchasing shaving related products?
    A1: Made me realize how much hardware I have and will probably not use a couple of these razors again until another "no buy". Time to PIF them. Also will not stock pile so many soaps and creams. Use them up first.

Q2: Would you consider participating in NBJ every year - or was once enough for you?
    Yes, with no hesitation.

Dave

Shaver X and BigMark like this.
  5. KnockOut Shave

KnockOut Shave Well-Known Member

Congrats guys!

Shaver X and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Q1 - Somewhat. I missed wanting to try an injector however it made me realize how little I care about my DE razors now LOL. Plus I've solidified my attachment to Cella as my favourite soap, and a few solid ones that I MUST keep around at all times.

Q2 - Next year I'm definitely in.

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder