Finding a brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Will, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

I have to share this story.

Me and SWMBO were in the bathroom and she was playing with my Crabtree and Evellyn Best Badger and says "how can you shave with this its too rough, you need to get a soft one honey the softest they make".

Then of course I say "dear they cost over $100 dollars".

Her reply you ask? "I don't care what baby wants baby gets".

So now I have to find the softest brush on the market (bucause my wife told me I HAD too. ;) :D ).

2. Stubble

Stubble Member

Wait a minute, you gave me an idea.....................so, if I bought some cheap, beat up brush off eBay, and made SWMBO think I was using it on an everyday basis, she would feel sorry for me, and insist that I upgrade to something better.

Normally, that would work, but I think my wife would insist that the cheap eBay brush has at least 10yrs of life left in it.

3. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Doc,

That is not supposed to be how it works!!! What is going on? I think maybe she want's something. Or you have perhaps stumbled across an anomoly in the space time continuum. Hurry and get the brush before things correct themselves.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I did just get her a Coach purse, that maybe why she said that BUT who cares give me a brush.:D :rofl

5. Smedley

Smedley New Member

This is an interesting dream, but I must stop eating salt and pepper potato chips before going to sleep! :sleep004

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:rofl

Go for it Will! Before she figures it out!

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Those Navy boys do tell some whoppers, don't they?!! :D

But hey, the Kent would be a great idea. Or EJ...with the Mad March sale at TESC you could get a nice one. Or a Shavemac silvertip.

8. Will

Will Nevermind

I have been mainly suggested the SR 3824 :D

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my Kent BK8? Didn't think so! :drool $128 delivered (with coupon code GBK1777 from Kentbrushes.com), but hey, you're WORTH it, Will!! I keep thinking about a BK4 ($75 delivered), but somehow haven't managed to pull the trigger yet. I have only three brushes, the BK8, the EJ Medium silvertip and the B&B Finest. B&B and the Kent are very similar in my opinion, but the slight edge goes to the Kent as my favorite. I really wonder what the BK4 is like! :rolleyes: Hmmm...I feel an online purchase coming on.:happy093

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Be Careful.....there is ALWAYS a price to pay:signs090

11. madmedic

Absolute heaven!!!!! 24 mm knot......absolute luxury in a (not too) compact package:drool

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Don't suppose you have a BK8 for comparison, do you? ;)

13. madmedic

'Fraid not......if I had still been able to get the discount....I might have had:(

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, that settles that. I may just have to buy one so I'll know what the differences are! Or, you could move to the States and then you would get the discount! :D

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Ah, I hadn't even thought about the Savile Rows. I had almost pulled the trigger on one once, but then TOP brush came out, and that was the end of that for a while! But yeah, I think the SR would be a good choice. Those silvertip ones come highly recommended.

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I'll let you know how it works out Brian. Just bought the BK4! :rofl:rofl

I really have to get over this! But hey, I don't smoke pipes or cigars, don't roast my own coffee, don't have a single Ken Onion knife (though that one's really tempting) don't drive expensive cars - and and a guy's got to have a hobby...doesn't he?! :D

17. madmedic

Please do....... I really fancy a BK8...but this is the collector part of me speaking, I already have an SMFIII, B&B Finest and Rooney Style 1 large. That should cover my requirements for big brushes. To be honest I prefer smallish brushes with a good sized knot...and the BK4 at 24mm is almost perfect. Mind you ....I have yet to try out my Sabini 25mm in Silvertip!

18. Will

Will Nevermind

Never trust a man without a vice.

Let us know how the brush works, Im going with the SR 3824, now all I have to do is the the money. :D

19. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, I ordered it Monday night so if Kent holds true to form, I'll probably have it by Friday or Saturday.

As well you should!!! :drool

20. qaswer

qaswer New Member

I am pretty comfortable with what i have so i shall not go to pay extra money so i think you should keep that .