First DE/Wet Shave

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by SlagleRock, Oct 19, 2008.

1. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

So I lurked this site for about a week, joined up and then waited about two weeks for all of the pieces in my DE puzzle to fall into place.

Finally, everything arrived and this morning it was time..

So, I went through the normal paces, shower, shave my head and then it was time...

To be honest I was a little nervous.

So I started off by getting my C&E BBB nice and warm/wet. Then I hit my face with a little of the Geo F. Trumper Skin Food (lime) that I received as a sample. Next, I added a little Taylors Almond shaving cream and started to lather on my face, the lather was fast and furious. It smelled amazing. The C&E BBB felt great! Once I was lathered up it was time to put the woodchipper to my face (remember I was a little nervous). I shaved with my 1958 Gillette Fat Boy (set on 4). Everything started off so smoothly I was convinced that my angle must have been all wrong and the blade must not be contacting my skin...

It couldn't be this easy/smooth?

Wrong!

:DI got the best WTG shave I've ever gotten. In fact things went so smoothly that I decided to re-lather (mmmmmm that almond smells good) and shaved again XTG. It just kept getting better and better and there was no pulling sensation, no irritation and most importantly no blood. So, I got really brave, lathered up a third time and shaved ATG. I finished what I have no doubt was the best shave of my life (thus far) with a little Nivea after shave.:D

When I was done there wasn't a whisker to be found, nor a drop of blood. I had zero irritation and it was absolutely BBS on my cheeks, chin and upper lip. I'll still need some time to perfect the technique on my neck.

I want to say thank you to everyone here at The Shave Den, thanks for all of the advice and everyone who takes the time to post here and pass on their knowledge.

I am a total convert and I can't wait to get back home to the wife so she can see how great it is.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy096 Good job! Congrats!

You didn't tell us what blade you used.

3. sehrgut

sehrgut New Member

Congrats! I still remember my first DE shave, since it wasn't more than a few weeks ago for me. It only gets better!

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Good show! I'm also a big fan of TOBS Almond. In fact, I like the almond scent so much that I recently bought 8 bottles of Dr. Bronner's Hemp Almond Oil soap. :love055

5. apswartz

apswartz New Member

w00t! w00t! w00t!

6. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Derby Extra