First ever shave

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PLANofMAN, Apr 29, 2020.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    IMG_1588208382367.JPEG
    Self explanatory. My first shave ever. Bic disposable, white and yellow razor. Do not recommend.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    MelC, twhite, Keithmax and 11 others like this.
  2. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Bic disposable and barbrsol in a can what else no after shave what a bloody mess it was cuts razor burn not good my dad was too lazy to teach to shave he just gave me the razor and cream and said have at it that's my first shave.

brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

cool mustache Ryan..;)

gorgo2, richgem and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I don't have a picture of it but I did something similar. I was probably around 5 and my Dad's DE was always there on the sink. I remember it had a black handle and an adjustment knob that for some reason I really wanted to turn. I only cut my finger a little.

My first shave was with a Norelco electric. Not sure how much yours hurt but mine may not have been far behind. Never used one of those again.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  5. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Nice.
    I don't remember mine. But a few years back I went to visit my brother and brought an extra DE with me, sans blade, so that my 5 year old nephew could have a 3 pass shave with me.

PLANofMAN, brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i remember a can of foamy and a bic disposable..vaguely.i do remember i didn't shave again for a while.not very pleasant..i was 13..

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Some sort of pink disposable thing and whatever shave foam my father had in the house. I guess I was about 13.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    PLANofMAN likes this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't recall needing to until boot camp. First I bought for myself was the Schick Slim Twin. Have used it since, would not go back.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Cool memory P.O.M.

I have no recollection of mine tbh.
    I do know it was by myself though. No father figure to show me the way.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  10. efsk

efsk Active Member

First ever shave was electrial. Was so horrid I switched to cartridges immediately.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  11. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

My first was an electric Remington Microscreen. Total overkill; at age 16 I could have wiped that fuzz away with a paper towel. Wish I had that 16 year old's beard now--and his hair ;)

PLANofMAN likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I really cannot recall shaving before joining the army. Then I used Palmolive Lime from a can and a Schick L.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

My very first shave ever was with a Schick Quattro with a can of Barbasol at age 18. In my teen years I had a full on beard; then when I turned 18 I shaved it off.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  14. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

1984?? Man. I was a senior in high school then.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  15. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Had to shave when I went to boot camp. I dry shaved the whole time.

PLANofMAN likes this.