First Impression - Tabac

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by hrairy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. grim

grim New Member

I bought some Tabac and tried it today too. I found it below average in slickness. However, it did product volumes of lather and cushion was OK. The initial scent was not offensive in anyway and once lathered, was fine, nothing special good or bad, just average.

I don't get all the hype about this soap. I suspect a lot has to do with how easily it lathered. You just about looked at it and lather exploded. Is that it?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

For a little more slickness, try just a tad more water.

PickledNorthern and Tdmsu like this.
  3. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I love the smell and the ability to easily lather it. And relatively cheap. About the slickness, you can always add a bit of glycerin if you want more.

Robyflexx and Tdmsu like this.
  4. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Glad you're happy with the trade! There are a lot of great soaps out there to enjoy.

5. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

For me, it isn't a #1, send-me-over-the-moon soap, but it seems to be solidly good in all categories. I'm only 11 shaves in with it, but for me it has a nice balance of slickness, cushion and post-shave that work well for me.

Tdmsu likes this.
  6. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Actually its usually know as one of the slickest soaps out there. Try more water.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  7. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Have you put in an order then? I know Perfumania has the soap and bowl for sale for 9.99

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

I was about to on amazon. But as I was filling out shipping info; I got an update that the price had gone up to $21. =(

9. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Ah, that sucks. I just checked though and it was back down to 9.99. Apparently they can't figure out what to price them at.

10. hrairy

hrairy Well-Known Member

Order direct from Perfumania, not through Amazon. The Perfumania price is 9.99.

Porter likes this.