First Simpson Experience

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by owen, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Hah! Who said making outlandish demands doesn't get you anything.. :D

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Not the computer...I was standing on my head. Now, don't do that again!

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You should know by now that I don't listen to orders very well. :p

4. owen

owen Member

After seven weeks of use sadly I am giving up on my duke 1, for it continues to lose hairs every shave. Ready to move on. Thinking to give shavemac or roooney a try. Does anyone have any complaints with these makers. Shavemac 177 or Rooney style 3 small in super. If hair lose continues to be an issue maybe I should go back to boar at least at $5.00 a brush at walmart I can afford to lose 6 hairs a shave.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Owen, work with the store you bought the Duke from. I haven't had to do it, but I know both Lee and Emily will make this right. And they've both had to with Simpson brushes.

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

+1, you should not have to deal with a flawed brush no matter the brand.

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I know Lee and Emily stand behind their products.....give them a ring...and resist the temptation to buy an additional brush :p

8. owen

owen Member

Thanks for your advice I ll give Lee a call tomorrow. When I bought I thought their quality was back and the old stock gone. Like I said before its a shame because I really like the density and feel of the simpson but right now its going bald.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

You wont be disappointed with Lee's customer service......Keep us Posted

10. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I had my Duke 2 alot longer than 6 or seven weeks before I returned it. I would say I had closer to 7 to 8 months. It was a shedder extraordinaire but Lee took in back quicker than a New York minute and I replaced with a Duke 3 which I personally like better than the Duke 2.

11. owen

owen Member

Well since my last post on this brush 11 days ago, The day after I posted I thought 1 more shave before I call Lee, since for 2weeks the brush had shed approx. 60-80 hairs. Still love the way this little brush preforms and what do you know that shave no hair loss! In eleven days has lost only 2 more hairs. After reading johnnie's post about the great customer service with Lee, I am willing to wait until the new year to see if the brush settles down and quits losing hair before I bother Lee. Simpsons preformance is great if they dont go bald.

12. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

Follow up on my posts of Nov. 10th and Nov 26th...

My D2 Duke hasn't lost a hair since Nov. 26th. It's lost a grand total of two hairs since I've had it. I'm not using it daily but I use it more than any of my other brushes.

Richard

13. owen

owen Member

While I waited until after the new year before calling Lee, my little duke 1 has settled down and in the past 30 days only dropped 1 hair, and I used this brush 27 days out of the last 30 days. It performs well even with approx. 80 hairs lost since I recieved it. I am not sure if this much hair loss is acceptable, since until last year I had used only boar brushes and therefore I am used to the hair loss , but with boar brushes less than 5 bucks you don't worry much. I only have two other badger brushes and this one is still better even with the hair loss so I think I will keep with it. The density and softness in this brush is so great that I would risk buying another Simpson in the future, maybe next time not so much drama.

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Dang Owen,

80 hairs lost seems like a lot to me, I think I would be requesting a replacement....I have only had one brush lose hair like that before....out of 12 so far..

It was replaced and the new one has been perfect.

Good luck with that. :D

The 2 Simpson's brushes I have have been OK so far with only 1 or 2 hairs lost from each....knock on wood........

Neale

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Bother Lee? Owen, I can't believe you still have this brush! Maybe it has settled down. But maybe it's just in remission. If I owned this brush, it would have been sent back LONG before it lost 80 hairs! I just isn't acceptable, my friend. Even if it's no longer losing them, it's missing 80 of the little buggers!

Do yourself a favor...bother him.

16. Padron

Padron Active Member

Lee is a great guy and I think he truely values his customers and would replace that brush in the blink of an eye.. ;)

His customer service has always been top notch for me, and I am sure it is with everyone else as well :cool:

Call him up Owen.

17. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

80 hairs? Definitely return that brush.