Flare tip and red tip

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Swampfox, Mar 5, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Frijolero, jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

We use Rustolem Sunrise Red when we paint a Farmall. It is very close to the IH factory color.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  3. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

Score a Red Tip if you can. It would be in contention for desert island razor for me.

Once you get the angle down, I’d say it handles coarse and mild beards very well. Nice middle ground. Love the knurling and thicker handle versus the flair tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frijolero and brit like this.
  4. well-groomed

well-groomed Member

I like the look of repainted SS Flare Tips, but in my collection they stay the way they were found. I think it's cool to shave with a razor that has a history and a story without trying to make it look new again.
    To the OP, I say get as many as you can. They are built like tanks and vintage razors are often cloned and copied for a reason : they work great.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I agree but when they don't have any paint left on the tip then it is time repaint it.

Frijolero, RyX and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

my red tip bit me pretty good.could easily have been my bad technique at the time. i have found that i like the rocket hd and its fancier brother #58 a better shaver for me..not to go off topic of course..

Frijolero likes this.
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

@ OP-Preference comes into it, but yes.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  8. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

And if you're like me, that color spectrum gets a little shorter, being color blind.

brit, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  9. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Me too, especially in low light. Strong deuteranomaly. I've had to actually ask which piece was which playing Trivial Pursuit!

brit and CrustyCat like this.