Flipping the blade

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Hercule, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I take my blades out of the razor for a rinse and dry and blade count, for me to flip a blade is no big deal at all. I do not know how well it works but we all know that stropping worked for 100's of years on straight razors so that is not worth arguing over a know fact. Stropping straightens the waviness of a razor edge making it efficient at slicing.
    As for flipping a blade I wonder some times is it really working because their is fellow on Youtube (sugardaddy) who has gotten 450 shaves with a 1 Nacet blade with out flipping. I'm not sure why he does this because he bought 300 blades just recently, he is not BS anyone because he shows putting the blade in his razor and shaves away. He does revisit that blade off and on.(strange experiment IMO). The man has some of the best shave gear anyone could dream of but still shaves with a worn out blade- go figure!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Chappy_Stan

Chappy_Stan Well-Known Member

I palm strop and flip the blade but can't really say whether it makes a difference or not. On blades that have the same printing on both sides I put 3 dots on one side with a permanent marker for identification. I just find it easier to remember than using one of the numbers in the corners.

Ron R likes this.