For once and for all

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rick, Jan 11, 2008.

?

Yes or No ?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2008.
  1. You know it, Bro !

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. I don't think so ....

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Lets get this over with !
    There are definately 2 types of brushes.

Face Latherers and Bowl Latherers

Vote now !

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

hmm...I see it more along the lines of soap brush and cream brush. Maybe fan brushes vs. bulb bushes.

Then again I'm not a brush expert extraordinare:D

Raf

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

+1

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I voted no, because everybody else was doing it.......and in reality there are only a few brushes I can think of that are tough to lather in bowl. Depends on the bowl you're using too. :D

Most brushes can be lathered in a bowl, in your hand, on your face, etc. ;)

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

OK.
    I guess I got a hair up my......cause I've been seeing a lot of:
    This is a "soap" brush and This is a "cream" brush......both of which I think are nonsense.

My thoughts are:
    Face brush = short loft; tight, dense knot for lathering on face
    Bowl brush = longer loft; loose, floppy knot for whipping it up in a bowl.

FWIW, YMMV, IMHO.....yadayadayada :D

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

+1 :p

Well, honestly, I can't see why a longer loft wouldn't be as good as the other for face lathering. I think this is more a question of individual preference rather than scientific fact.

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

How does one answer this poll? This is like the poll where one is asked "have you stopped beating your wife?" If you answer "yes," then you are admitting that you did so at one time; if you answer "no," then you must still be doing it!

I suppose I would have to vote "no," there is more to it than that.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Umm, yes or no...WHAT?

9. bjrn

bjrn New Member

I think most brushes will do fine either way. But there are definitely brushes which aren't really suitable for face lathering, not sure if I can imagine a brush that wouldn't work in a bowl.

10. xChris

xChris Member

Simpson Chubby 1 comes to my mind. That's a brush that begs to be used for face lathering.

A couple of the softer and loftier brushes that I've used for my face include Omega 6215, SR 208, Rooney 1/3.

11. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

:confused: Since I'm not a brush collector at present, I find my C&E Best Badger Brush does a good job of whipping up creams and soaps in my bowl and then lathering on my face.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

I voted....you know it, Bro...

Some of the 48mm and shorter lofted brushes I own certainly do not work as well as the longer lofted brushes when creating lather in a bowl....

But, the shorter lofted brushes excel at face lathering. They both will get the job done with either a cream or soap but I have my preferences.....

The 50mm lofted version of the 2007 Shavemac Custom seems to work equally well with both soaps and creams in my experience :D

I think it's one of those YMMV things ;)

13. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I have some brushes that work well for soaps.

Some that work well for creams.

And a few that are versitile.

Call it nonsense, but that's how I catagorize my tools :ashamed001

14. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I haven't used many brushes so far, but all the ones I have used I can lather either on my face or in a bowl, with little difference in the end result.

Voted "no." But, as always, YMMV.