For the Williams users

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by HoosierTrooper, Dec 26, 2011.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Two more today. JayC stores are owned by Krogers and are having the same sale.

2. HoosierTrooper

Truer words have never been spoken...

CyanideMetal likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

What's Kroegers?

Grocery store?

4. HoosierTrooper

Krogers. Yes, it's a large grocery store chain.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Thanks. I don't remember ever seeing one around.

6. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

I stopped in my Kroger today and got zilch. I'll have to look at some neighboring ones to see if they have any left.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, maybe the store staff thought that zilch was just as good as Williams. I don't think that is true, however.

8. HoosierTrooper

Looks like they're in about 30 states but are under different names like Fred Meyer, Smith's, King Soopers, City Market, Food 4 Less and Jay C to name a few.

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Just looked them up. The closest store is in Virginia about a 5 hour drive from me.

They do own Turkey Hill which is a convenience store / gas station.

We have a handful of them nearby.

10. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

I found them for 95 cents. I use Williams more often than any of my other soaps or creams. I have found Williams gives me about the best shave, but that could be unique to me, I understand. But Williams, out of the box, is very dry and concentrated; I let it soak in some water for a few minutes, and use that water when making the lather. I like using other products, too, but Williams is just a good every-day soap.

otherstar likes this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I hit another Kroger tonight since I was in that part of town. This Kroger had it with the 'closeout' tag on it so I bought 8 boxes at 59 cents each for a total with 7% tax of $5.05

HoosierTrooper likes this.
  12. SharpSpine

2nd Kroger I went to & SCORE!

6 pucks for a whopping $0.59 each!

HoosierTrooper and IAmTheJody like this.
  13. SharpSpine

3rd Kroger & I win again...

[​IMG]

HoosierTrooper and IAmTheJody like this.
  14. 5t8t2u

5t8t2u Member

My technique with Williams is to grate it and mix with some glycerin, then press into a dish. Lathers well that way.

15. HoosierTrooper

That's the spirit, let's clean the shelves!

16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It will be interesting when the Kroger's computerized inventory system shows a quick spike in Williams sales. They might just go and order more of this to replace it...

[​IMG]

You know what the general market says, soap is soap!

17. m0j0j0eman

m0j0j0eman Active Member

No worries. Hoosier has us covered if we ever need Skeeter-be-gone.

GDCarrington likes this.
  18. HoosierTrooper

Funny that you picked Safeguard because that is the bath soap I've used since high school, I'll be 56 next month so 40 years or so. I've tried a few others but always go back to the 'guard!

It's strange but I don't get the citronella scent that a lot of users complain about. To me it just smells like soap.

19. SharpSpine

I agree. I've read about the citronella smell but I don't get that either, thankfully!

20. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Well the WalMart here had Williams on sale for $0.65 each as well, so my wife grabbed me the last 2 while she was shopping. I just finished getting it moved into a nice little Tupperware container for me to travel with and didn't notice any citronella smell either- I can't tell specifically but i seem to recall Jergens bar soap smelling the same. Oh well not bad for the price, I might give it a try tomorrow morning :)

GDCarrington likes this.