Forum Upgraded

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by administrator, Jan 20, 2014.

1. administrator

administrator Administrator

I've just finished upgrading the forum to XenForo 1.2.4, which sees many improved features.

New Features

Amongst the new XenForo 1.2 features are the following:
    ...and much more.

If you are having issues with the new editor, it's probably because your browser has cached the old files. Please do a ctrl + F5 to force a refresh and grab the new files.

Any issues, please let us know.

Shaver X, macaronus, JBSharp and 2 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Wow... that was fast! Thanks for all the hard work, Sparky, ghost Sparky, and MatthewW and congrats on the upgrade!

And it looks like the FireFox edit issue has disappeared too! w00t

3. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

I've just re-enabled all the add-ons which were installed, and currently upgrading the ones which needed doing.

4. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

OK, that should be just about done. There are some new permissions which need to be set up for Private Conversations, but I'll leave those to the admin team.

Portal is back online and set up, and member card is sorted.

The Vintage style is now fully responsive, and works on all mobile browsers.

5. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Not to be a downer but the entire site doesn't work very well in IE10 on Windows Phone 8. To the point where things are inaccessible or become overlapped making it very hard to navigate.

6. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

Can you please post a screen shot?

The site is responsive using media queries, so should automatically scale down based on the width of the browser being used.

7. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

Examples from my iPhone
    2014-01-21 00.15.05.png 2014-01-21 00.15.18.png

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Looking the same on android.

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Good work. I look forward to using the improved system!

10. richgem

Android w/ Dolphin browser doesn't scale to screen. (you have to h.scroll)

11. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sparky and Co.

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good job...

14. TSimons

TSimons not allowed near railroad tracks

Looking great on BlackBerry 10

15. richgem

16. droberts0503

I'll see what I can do. It seems like some strangeness has worked itself out but maybe the scaling is the issue I'm seeing. I don't want it to scale, I just want to see the whole page like it was on my desktop and then zoom and or move to the sections I want. Also for whatever reason this box jumps to the top line of my post (not the quote) every time it wraps so I basically can't see what I'm typing.

17. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

That was just one of the bugs reported. It could be some of the old files have been cached in the browser. Is it possible to clear any browser cache that may be in use?
    If you want a fixed width, then a new style would need to be created from this one, and would need to have a fixed width applied to it. I'll leave that decision to @sparky5693

18. richgem

No changes after clearing cache, history, and cookies.

19. droberts0503

I don't really know if I want a fixed width. Whatever the old version was worked flawlessly for me, it was basically exactly the same as using my desktop, just on my phone. Now it's very different and a lot harder to get to the bits that I'm interested in. Things like alerts, new posts and just generally reading threads since they are now each post is really, really long and narrow, even those that are pretty short.

So here are my issues...

1. Basically my top level navigation is gone and the scaling makes everything very narrow, some things wrap mid word.
    wp_ss_20140120_0001.jpg

2. When I'm typing, whenever the text wraps to a new line the view jumps to the first line (not including the quote) of my post. Every time the text from my reply above wrapped to a new line this is where the view went to.

wp_ss_20140120_0002.jpg

3. After posting the formatting gets messed up and the menu options don't line up correctly.
    wp_ss_20140120_0005.jpg

20. MatthewW

MatthewW Server Admin

Hmm, to rule out the custom theme, are you able to switch to the default theme and see what that is like? Bottom left where it says Vintage, click it, and choose default theme.

1. Top level navigation is hidden inside the = icon, it expands when you click on it.
    2. I'll need to ask on the XF support site about that, as it shouldn't jump back to the top then the reply moved to a new line.
    3. The part with the username / inbox and alerts should be wrapped correctly. It's doing it in Chrome on my iPhone, so it looks like the media query isn't working correctly to move that section on your browser when the page is narrow. I've added a fix in for the responsive move to remove the large Moderator logo.
    Code:
    @media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
    {
    .userrank4, .userrank3, .userrank2, .userrank {display:none;}
    }