fragrance clashes?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by opsimath, Feb 24, 2016.

1. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I know lots of good fragrance matches in wet shaving, but does anyone have experience with two or more fragrances that simply didn't work?

I am very "scent oriented" regarding shaving products. Has anyone experienced a true CLASH of fragrances?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Not yet.

My shampoo has a different scent than my shower soap,
    That has a different scent than my PSO (when I use it),
    That has a different scent than my shave soap,
    That has a different scent than my aftershave,
    That has a different scent than my cologne,
    That has a different scent than my pit stick.

All that and my wife always says I smell good.

RyX, PLAla and Dzia Dzia like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Avon Leather a/s combined with One Man Show cologne (heavy on the sage) doesn't exactly clash but does make one resemble a nice pot roast.

Paul Turner, RyX, White731 and 2 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was PIF'd a grundtal of LPL Le Savon du Barbier. Either my has turnt, or it always smelled like dill pickles. Hard to match an aftershave with that. So when I do shave with it I use The Veg.

youngunn likes this.
  5. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

That's funny. I have a CRSW soap, Bois Floraux, that my wetshaving buddy swears smells like dill pickles. It's got Rose and other florals but also vetiver and herbals... It's just the right combo to smell, well, herbally like a dill almost, but I can discern the nuances of it so I don't smell pickles. I enjoy it.

RyX likes this.
  6. aelfred.t.allspa

aelfred.t.allspa Well-Known Member

Avon exploration for men and adidas A/S. Makes a sickly sweet smell that reminds me of the smell of an infected wound. I had to take a second shower that day after my shave