Franks Shave brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Naftas

Naftas New Member

I purchased his Silvertip and will never purchase anything branded Frank Shaving. It was impossible to count how much hair was left in the soap after every loading. Not to say about FL when I had more than 30 badger hairs on my face. This really sucks!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have his 26mm extra density silvertip and have only lost 6 hairs in 10 shaves. I love the brush. Give him a shout, he should replace it. Forgot to mention my wife has one also, no shedding at all
    That's why I bought mine on ebay, they will make it right. Not sure if he will on his web site. Ever since I got this brush my expensive Thater just hangs in it's holder unused

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree I have found them very good to deal with.

4. Naftas

Naftas New Member

I know quite a lot people who are more than satisfied with these brushes but they just didn't click with me.

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I would contact them directly. I'm sure they would send you a replacement. You just got a bad brush.
    frank@frankshaving.com

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Except the synthetics the black badgers from FS are fantastic for me !
    I think are the No 1 in the market for that kind of badger,some guys may find them scratchy but for me work perfect especially with hard soaps.

7. feltspanky

feltspanky Member

A F.S. chubby was my first brush purchase. It was purchased from Amazon. Purchasing from Amazon has it's perks if a refund becomes necessary. I've owned it for over a year and it's a very nice brush. No shedding, lots of backbone and holds a tremendous amount of lather.

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

One of my Frank Shave brushes got some water damage around the top when I soaked it before using it.
    I call it Deep River. :happy097:

DeepRiver.jpg

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Sealant and o-ring I see!

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I couldn't sand out the water stain around the upper part so I painted the brush and polyurethane it. Any ideas on painting the bottom portion white. This is an experiment brush.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

White Testors Paint used for models.