French shave products?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by olafurson, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

Why don't you see if your friend can pick up a French made Kirby Beard & Co. Brevette for ya, like this one that is owned by our friend Martin!

Attached Files:

2. Moe

Moe Active Member

FOOOOOOOD!

The airport shops at Charles De Gualle airport have a good selection of pâté de foie gras (duck or goose, get both). They also have great dry sausages, just don't tell customs you have pigs and cows in you checked bags ;-), the foie gras however should be fine bringin that back. I think i've also seen cuban cigars in one or two of the shops there.

-Moe

3. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

WOW! That is one attractive razor. It looks insanely aggressive in the first pic - as though there is a massive gap between the razor's head and safety bar. Second pic confuses me. No question, the head on that razor is highly stylish in appearance. I love it.

What's the vintage?

Any more pics?

4. Hi there,

That was nice of Brian to post a few pics of my razor, and I'm glad you like it's looks. Heh, yeah, there's quite a gap, and I had the thing almost six months before trying it out. I tend to have a relatively uncomfortable shave with aggressive razors. A helpful member (with access to Kabbalistic secret info), has recently identified the razor as a 'Kirby'. No idea of when it was made, although I did try finding out.

Funny thing about the shave is it's actually milder than most open combs I've used. Maybe it's the way the head's contoured or something, but it's actually a razor I can shave with pretty comfortably. I have to load it with a milder blade than my usual feather, and also go really slow......heh. If I used an open comb regularly, this thing would fit right in. Brian likes a razor with some bite to it, and he mentioned enjoying the Kirby a while back.

Anyway, thanks for the comment,
    Martin

Oh......I apologize for partially derailing this thread. Sacre bleu!

Attached Files: