FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I've got one of those in silver. It's a mean looking rig with the blade in place. I'm not really in a hurry to give it a go just yet.

brit likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

:D

jgreenepa likes this.
  3. ftrez

ftrez Member

I picked up a 1969 Super 84 last week and used it for the first time on Monday. I paired it with a Gillette Silver Blue and something must be out of whack because it gave me the worst shave I've ever had. I endured it for 1 pass and ended up with severe irritation and enough blood to make me look like a horror movie reject. I mean, blood was seeping everywhere. Cheeks, chin, above the lip, neck. Ugh.

I've got a Fat Boy and a Slim, as well as a Merkur Progress and none of these adjustables has treated me like this. Black Beauty did me dirty. I may have to take her out back and put her down.

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  4. Dirtfarmer

After further inspection and putting a new Schick blade in my razor, it appears to be unusable. The little tab or bump on the left side of the razor that I'm guessing holds the blade even and in place is missing. The blade will get out of alignment with the slightest bump. It still looks mean though.

brit likes this.
  5. Dirtfarmer

I picked this up today for pretty cheap. Well, 2 hour drive and a half a tank of gas plus $30.00. I probably could have gotten one a little cheaper off the fleabay but I needed a road trip. E 1, 1959 Fatboy? It's not perfect and the numbers need repainted but it's the one I've been waiting for. Do all the Fatboys have the red spring or pointer or what have ya. Better yet, is it a Fatboy or something else. I may still be hunting one. LOL.

Attached Files:

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool..it is a fatboy..great score..

7. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

if im not mistaken and correct me if im wrong but i think some have red dot and some have black dot. And the red dots go for more than the black dot ones....

brit likes this.
  8. Dirtfarmer

I have no idea. I was just looking at it and my Slim side by side and noticed it was red.

9. jaro

I just looked and I have both a red dot dot one and a black dot one so yes they made different ones and the red is more valuable. You did well...

10. brit

brit in a box

red dots are very rare.very expensive ..http://gilletteadjustable.com/

Dirtfarmer likes this.
  11. jaro

Cool i didnt know they were rare i have several red dot and black dot ones.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

red-dot3.jpg
    FatboyRedDot-162x300.jpg like this one.with the toggle type head?.red dot on the left..if you do thats very cool..

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    jaro likes this.
  13. jaro

Yes i have several that i got in the wild. And i think i know where another is also. I will have to check tomorrow and its very inexpensive also to get !!!!!

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

jaro likes this.
  15. Dirtfarmer

Yeah, mine isn't anything special. Its got a red position indicator but not a red dot. Oh well, I still have a Fatboy.

jaro and brit like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Just received my Schick 500 golden hydro-magic (MFG 1957-64) and did a clean up and will be put into service. This is one long handle, Longer than my Schick adjustable M type by 3/4 of a inch.
    [​IMG]
    Schick Golden 500  Hydro-magic MFG1957-64.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Tedolph, jwr3265, mvd and 2 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Below,Schick yellow easy rider L(named after movie "Easy rider"), White with blue & red stripes >Montreal Olympics promotional Schick L type, 3rd one is a Schick J1 type.
    Well looked after from previous owners with minor wear.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Tedolph, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

:thanks: Gary

brit likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Here are my scores for today. Mind blowing for me.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Left to right.
    Star Safety
    Fat Boy D4
    1914 Aristocrat
    Torrey Safety razor 7 great blades.
    Unknown natural stone

All for under $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jwr3265, RyX, jimjo1031 and 4 others like this.