FS: Old Spice Mug Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by AsylumGuido, Feb 25, 2009.

1. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I have decided it is time to trim down my Old Spice Mug collection to only those in my actual rotation. Therefore, you will find seven vintage Old Spice Mugs of six distinct varieties available for your lathering and displaying pleasure.

[​IMG]

1. Early Glass Mug 01 – 1948 - $23 - SOLD!

2. Hull Pottery Mug – Mid to late 1940’s - $30

3. Early Glass Mug 02 – 1948-1949 - $27 - SOLD!

4. Late Glass Mug 02 – 1964-1978 - $17 - SOLD!

5. Early Glass Mug 06 – 1961-1964 - $18 - SOLD!

6. Early Glass Mug 06 with soap – 1961-1964 - $20 - SOLD!

7. Late Glass Mug 04 – 1978-1992 - $17 - SOLD!

All prices include careful packaging, handling and shipping within the continental U.S. I will calculate and include the difference in shipping to any location outside of the CONUS (probably $2-$5 more depending upon said location). I greatly prefer payment via Paypal for ease of transaction. Please include above number and description with PM, if interested, to avoid confusion … mine!

1. This mug was the very first Glass Mug introduced by Shulton, in 1948, and was manufactured by T. C. Wheaton Company in Millville, New Jersey. It features the “Ship Friendship” and is the only Old Spice glass mug without any ribs around the interior bottom. It was designed for a 5.0 ounce soap cake. Dimensions are 2.75" high X 4.5" rim to handle. - SOLD!

2. This mug variety predates all the more common glass mugs and was produced by the A. E. Hull Pottery Company in Crooksville, Ohio beginning in 1941. It features the “Ship Friendship” and is definitely more primitive than the latter glass versions. It has a couple of slight factory imperfections which were commonly found on pottered items. It also has a slight overprint of the red “Old” over the edge of the image of the ship. This is extremely rare based upon Shulton’s high quality control on image transfer. It was designed for a 5.5 ounce soap cake. Dimensions are 3.0" high X 4.5" rim to handle.

3. This mug is identical in appearance to the first glass mug I have listed except for the presence of three interior ribs. These were only produced for a few brief months before being quickly replaced by the six rib design which can be found on all the Old Spice soap mugs from that point through 1992. It has a 5.0 ounce soap cake capacity and is just like one of the two that I am keeping for my soap rotation. Dimensions are 2.75" high X 4.5" rim to handle. Most importantly, this mug still retains the original circular cardboard label (pictured below) affixed to the bottom! - SOLD!

[​IMG]

4. This mug was produced starting in 1964 and features the “Ship Grand Turk Salem – 1786” and was designed for a 3.75 ounce soap cake. It is beautifully displayed with the text opposite the handle and the ship’s image on either side. The Late Glass mugs differ from the Early Glass mugs in that they have a lip around the rim. Dimensions are 2.25" high X 4.5" rim to handle. - SOLD!

5. This mug was the last of the so called Early Glass Mugs and was produced between 1961 and 1964. They were the last mugs without the characteristic lip around the rim. They were designed for a 4.0 ounce soap cake and are identical to one of the two I am retaining for my personal soap rotation. Dimensions are 2.25" high X 4.5" rim to handle. - SOLD!

6. This mug is identical to the previous mug except for the fact that it contains a soap cake. The cake was slightly dried on top and had some dust accumulation. I carefully removed the cake (sitting the mug in shallow hot water for a couple of minutes will let it slip right out) and cleaned the surface and it is ready for use. I recently sold a similar mug with the original soap and was informed by the new owner that it was some of the finest soap he had ever used. Dimensions are 2.25" high X 4.5" rim to handle. - SOLD!

[​IMG]

7. The final mug is the only Old Spice mug to feature two ships, the “Ship Grand Turk - Salem – 1786” and the “Ship Recovery – Salem – 1794”. This mug was designed to hold the smallest sized cake at 3.0 ounces. It was manufactured starting in 1978. Dimensions are 2.25" high X 4.5" rim to handle. - SOLD!

2. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

6 and 7 sold!

3. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

PM sent on #4

4. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

#4 pending

5. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

6. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

PM sent on #5 (not buying 2... got beat out on #4)

7. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

#5 pending!

8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

#5 SOLD!

9. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

#1 pending

10. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

#3 pending