FS: Rotbart DEs, Milady Decolletee, #77

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Jake, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

"All the items I had listed are now sold. And thanks all for your participation."

Here are some very nice razors for the users and collectors among you. Some unusual, and all very effective as shavers -- and rarely seen around these parts.I hope you enjoy browsing and possibly purchasing something for your autumn harvest celebrations.

If interested in any of these, please contact me via PM and once sold, shipping (in the USA) will be by USPS priority mail -- and the price stated includes the shipping. If you are outside of the USA, shipping will be determined on a case by case basis -- with a slightly higher cost to cover the additional postage. Payment via Paypal.

First up is a German uncased Rotbart -- the company that was eventually purchased by Gillette and subsumed into their empire. They made very nice razors and were a worthy competitor to Gillette in Germany -- until their end.

This razor is a 3-piece aluminum handled razor, with a plastic base plate and steel head. In very good condition and it shaves mush like a tech -- but with a little more finesse due to it's light weight.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, it is in quite good condition.

[​IMG]
    No pitting or scratches -- and unfortunately no case either.

[​IMG]
    Classy head with the name embossed into the head.
    Offered for $19 delivered in the USA.
    SOLD

Next are 2 Rotbarts -- #15s, one was never used, but once opened. The other is a totally NOS #15. These are aluminum razors, from the early 1950s, in excellent shape. Light in weight and very effective as shavers -- slightly more blade exposure than a Tech -- requiring finesse in shaving -- but great for getting in close places -- like under the nose or around the ears.

[​IMG]
    This razor has never been used -- I did try out another just like this one.

[​IMG]
    You can see it is a 2-piece design -- like the #77 or #88 Gillettes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Great looking razor. Not often seen.

[​IMG]
    The 2nd one I'm selling has never been unwrapped -- in NOS cndition.
    The unwrapped razor is being offered for $23, the one still wrapped for $29.
    These razors are both SOLD!

Next is a British made 1921 jade pearl cased Milady Decolletee -- the new Improved design. This excellent razor is gold-plated -- but looks like it was never used and the plating is really fine. The handle has absolutely no cracks, splits, or hairline fractures. The set itself was not one I used -- since I have another to indulge myself with. The weight is great, the balance perfect, the and finish and case for this set is really classy. And 90-years old!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of these 3-piece guys were made in the USA, some in Canada, this one in England.

[​IMG]
    Offered for $132 -- delivered in the USA. SOLD

And finally, here is an early 1930s practically unused 2-piece #77 -- in its classy Bakelite case. This silver-plated razor is one if the best Gillette made -- and one of only two models that were 2-piece (the other being the Belmont Deluxe). The razor has a great balance and is a great comfortable and effective shaver. Highly regarded by its few but loyal users. Unfortunately not very widely available.

[​IMG]
    Both blade cases are in present & in perfect condition.

[​IMG]
    The silver plating has held up quite well -- 80 years later.

[​IMG]
    Offered for $99 delivered in the USA. SOLD

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Rotbarts are all sold now. Thanks!