FS - Sansa Clip 2 GB MP3 player SOLD

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dr. Mike, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Not really a shaving item, but I thought I would try it here.

I just got a Sansa Fuze, so my Clip is kind of superfluous. This is a great MP3 player - CNET reviewers rated it very high. It has excellent sound for an MP3 player that is not much bigger than a plastic pack of DE blades. It would be in the same category as the iPod Shuffle, but a much better deal. It is cheaper, sound is better, and it has a screen that the iPod shuffle doesn't. It has a clip on the back that allows you to wear it on your belt. Very lightweight.

I have had it for about a month. It is rechargeable, so you don't need batteries. I still have the unused headphones from the Sansa. Comes with the player, a mini-USB cable, headphones, and software. Here is a link to it at BestBuy.com:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8553834&type=product&id=1188561248598
    In addition to playing MP3s, it also plays audiobooks and podcasts, it has a built in FM tuner, and you can record with it. Really a great player.

I have reformatted it so it is ready to go, and I have also upgraded the firmware, as these usually have an older version straight out of the store.

It sells for $50. I got mine for $40. I am selling it for $30 shipped CONUS.
    Payment by paypal.

PM me if interested.

Mike

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

My wife and I both have these. They are a very nice MP3 players and work well with Rhapsody to Go service.

3. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

those are awesome devices! the clip is said to have nearly the best audio quality, beating out even some of the top-end iRivers and Cowons.

How's the Fuze, Mike? I wanted to get the when I got my Zune, but I was looking to get the much larger capacity of the HD unit.

4. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I like the Fuze - especially since it has the microSD expansion slot. I got just the 2gb, and then picked up an 8gb microSDHC card, and that holds all of my music with about 3 gb to spare. It feels nice and solid. I really like the Sansa MP3 players. The only problem with this one is the proprietary cable. The Clip is nice since it uses just a standard mini USB.

Somebody mentioned the Clip works well with Rhapsody. I should also say that you can use it with a Mac - that is what I do. You just drag and drop the songs into it. Or use the KopyMac program.

5. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Potential sale pending.

6. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

7. sol92258

the microSDHC compatibility almost swayed me to go with it, it won't be long before those capacities rival and surpass the HD players. but, I "needed" the capacity now, and it will be awhile until they're cheap enough, but it is a good feature.

congrats to whoever the secret lucky-ducky buyer is!
    I'm sure you won't be disappointed

8. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

It was a guy over at ShaveMyFace.

I just am leery about the hard drive MP3 players - I don't know how much abuse they can take versus the flash players.

I also really like the expansion card slots, allowing me to increase capacity if I wish. And I don't like the high costs. The Fuze was on sale at BestBuy, along with some earbuds that were total crap - oh well, it got me the player at a cheaper price.

9. sol92258

yeah, I'm leery of them too, but my Zune is mainly for long trips, in my car, and church functions. the sansa I use for workouts, mowing, etc., where shock and falls are possible.
    and I do like the expansion slot on my [slash]8GB[/slash] 10GB player :D

10. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

True story:
    Back in '97 or '98, I won a Rio MP3 player (32 MB! state of the art back then) playing punk rock Jeopardy at the Vans Warped Tour in Salt Lake City (I was up against some trendy kids who thought they were punk because they listened to Blink 182, and couldn't answer simple questions about Fugazi and the Dead Kennedys). I thought that player was so cool. Then one day I dropped it from a height of . . . 6 inches, onto a desk. Ever since, the thing was screwed up. If you looked at it wrong, the power would cut out and reset the whole thing, and I would have to reload the music onto it. So now I am leery of anything other than the Flash memory players. I don't ever intend to use my player to watch movies (I'm afraid the tiny screen would give me eye strain), so the Flash players have more than enough capacity, with the expansion slots, to hold all my music and podcasts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.