Fume Lavender Shave Soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Lo'Gosh, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

Ok, so I've been trying to track down Fume shave soap (there are the two little dots over the u in the name that I don't for the life of me know how to type in), but am having no luck at all. Does anyone here know any place that stocks it or the name of the company that makes it?

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  3. Lo'Gosh

4. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I realized that right after I posted the message! I found a turkish shave supply place on Ebay that had it but ran out. Maybe they don't make Lavender anymore. :(

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  5. Lo'Gosh

Sadly, it's looking that way. I really wanna try the stuff. I hear its good, and the lavender scent is likened to Derby lavender cream. It's a more......."manufactured" lavender scent, but I've always kinda liked the Derby scent. Oh well, guess I'll keep hunting and just hope for the best! :bang:

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have the Fume Lavender soap and it's pretty good. It's scent is not really a true lavender (to me anyway) but it's still quite nice. It lathers easily and gives a good post-shave feeling.

GDCarrington, Lo'Gosh and Omelmad like this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Had some of this soap. Lathered great but irritated my face badly. I wanted to like it too, just couldn't use it.

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  8. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

True. Füme Lavender Shave Soap has a very strong scent which I would describe as lavender extra. It seems that seller that sold Füme the most was BestShave.net but they may not be able to procure any more from the manufacturer.

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  9. Lo'Gosh

I see that Shaveabuck.com also had it, and the owner said he had to have the manufacturer make it per pallet ordered as cool is the only one they produce without special request. He said he was also looking into Lemon and some other scents. I messaged him to see if he would be stocking it again. Maybe make some suggestions on scents to him. I'd like to try it, and if I like it, maybe see if they would make some other scents like a sandalwood, or a fougere or tobacco.

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. Lo'Gosh

Also @GDCarrington , how do you get the little dots over the u? lol

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I took it from the spelling on the Internet. Cut and paste does wonders. Just cut and paste what I placed in this thread and save it in a Word file or a Rich Text file for when you need to use it again. ;)

I have one for Mühle as well. :D

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  12. Lo'Gosh

Awesome. Thanks a bunch! :thanks:

GDCarrington likes this.
  13. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I heard about some guys having skincare issues with the Füme Lavender soap, but I've been lucky.

GDCarrington and Lo'Gosh like this.
  14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have had no issues with it, but it only gets used every now and then because it is so strong smelling.

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  15. Lo'Gosh

See, now I know I have to get some! Lol, I tend to like strong smelling soaps. I love Stirling, which I feel has a stronger scent, but in a good way.

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or, for extra credit, if you're on Windows... go start menu | run | charmap

and you can select and paste from there.

For Linux you can use kcharselect or xkbd or others.

GDCarrington likes this.