I had a manual Jeep Wrangler a while back, and I found a cool company making Skull shift knobs - Van Chase Customs. Had to have it... and someone else thought the same, because they broke in and stole it . I purchased another but sold the Jeep before I installed it, and it was just sitting around for a few years. Fast forward a few years and now I look at everything through a lens of how it could possibly be used in my shaving routine . So when my Plisson handle started to crack I transplanted the knot into the “Punchy” Skull shift knob (used that in Friday’s SOTD). I’ve completed 2 and was waiting on a knot to complete my 3 skull set. On Friday I got a Maggards 26mm black synthetic and figured it was time. This shifter is a McPhail “Devil” and really fits my hand well - as it should, it’s a shift knob. I learned in the previous projects that protecting the top from wandering sanding disks and other cutting implements is a good thing, so I installed my template and protected the circumference. I start with a drill bit taped to the proper depth, drilled holes throughout the template and then use sanding drums and discs to finish my hole. Even with the tape I normally end up chipping the edge, and I did it again, but I had a plan. I thought a black o-ring would help hide the chip and also make a cool transition from skull to knot. Going to share the outcome and the Skull Family in the next post.