G+ link

Discussion in 'Post testing' started by MoAllen, May 31, 2015.

1. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

2. MoAllen

3. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That would be a G- for the G+ link.

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  6. MoAllen

How did you get the link address to the photo?

I had a workflow on my android phone, that I used for a long time where I would view the image in google+, long press on the image and copy the link, and that would be the actual image path. I put that long path into goo.gl to get a short URL and I would paste that link into the tags on the forum.

Well, after the big google photo enhancements this week, which were supposed to be about making photos easier to share, that work flow doesn't work anymore!

The shared link that google photos now offers is a goo.gl short url to a page that imbeds the photo inside javascript. If I look at the page source in a desk top browser, I can find the image loaded as a background with other stuff on top. There is no way, short of manually editing the page source, to get at the raw image url.

I'm thinking about switching to a different hosting solution.

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    We are in different worlds, my friend. No smart phones in this household. I do all my stuff from my laptop. Wish I could help.

8. MoAllen

I got my posts done today from a desk top computer. It's still possible to get the G+ photo link from the browser. Not possible on Android anymore. Rats! I typically post my SOTD pictures from my smart phone in the morning, often while I'm riding the bus.

I'll have to come up with another way....

Hey, I love how your olivewood brush turned out! Looks great!

9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks. I'm too old for a smart phone. Plus, being retired, easy to do things from my laptop.

MoAllen likes this.