Gamechanger. 68 and .84, what to expect?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Zed117, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

I have tried a ton of razors over the years, so I will list my top tier razors.

Razors I love: Rex on 2.5, Rockwell 6s on 4, 46-47 Aristocrat, RFB NEW.

Razors I like: Karve B plate, ATT R1, #15 Aristocrat, Fatboy on 5, 1934 Aristocrat.

I like a mid to mild razor, that is rigid, heavy, yet efficent.

I have a gamechanger, radio knob, with both plates comming, to make my rotation an even 10 razors. 5 vintage, 5 modern.
    What should I expect? My guess is I will love it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Best value going for an all 316 SS razor that offers the big 3 that I look for and perhaps most shavers as well. Smoothness, comfortable and close shaves. Both plates deliver a solid shave with just a bit more blade feel in the .84 over the .68 while the latter is a touch smoother.

I think you'll enjoy it. Congrats and happy shaves........ :happy088:

3. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

It arrived with my StarCraft brush today after I had shaved. Incoming report tommrow.
    20190201_191543.jpg

4. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

First shave with the .68 gamechanger. Intiutive, smooth and efficent. Very pleased with the heft and machining. Stirling MITA, GSB, Gamechanger, Captains choice bowl, PAA StarCraft brush.
    Lovely finish on the handle, very hefty razor.

20190202_122629.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Str8on2 like this.
  5. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

Second shave with the Gamechanger. 68, this time with a Nacet. Very impressed with the smoothness and efficiency of this razor. Stirling Black Ice soap, Nacet, Stirling Badger.
    20190203_133147.jpg

brit, BigMark83 and Str8on2 like this.
  6. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

First shave with the .84 plate on the GameChanger. Still very smooth, a notch more efficient. Does not feel like a usual .80+ blade gap though. Fantastic!
    20190205_125831.jpg

slim6596, brit, Str8on2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I have used practically Kai blades exclusively in most of my milder razors as well as the Gamechanger in both gap sizes and the bump is very nice in terms of blade feel and audible feedback. If you're getting good results with you have now, the Kai blade may be a mute point. But, if you like a bit of variety and don't mind experimenting a bit, when you can give the Kai a try.

B7B95DE3-8B0D-4713-B19E-5E07B832D8D2.jpeg

Zed117 and brit like this.
  8. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

Never tried Kai's, will keep that in mind.

Another shave with the. 84 GameChanger. I really think this razor is fantastic. I like it better than my Karve and ATT R1, not sure if I love it as as much as my Rex and 6s.
    20190207_125414.jpg

brit and Str8on2 like this.
  9. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I can't wait until he has the .68 back in stock. I'm on the email list, but I want to try this razor out.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Expect to be reselling it on a BST or over at the bay once razor ADHD kicks in.

11. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

The difference likely would be that the .68 is a bit more comfortable but the .84 is a bit more efficient.

12. Zed117

Zed117 Well-Known Member

I really can't tell that much of difference between the two. Both are very smooth.

brit likes this.
  13. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Unfortunately it doesn't matter because I got an email back from them and they are no longer making the .68.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

lloydrm and brit like this.
  14. GoHabs

GoHabs New Member

Sent a tweet to Joe yesterday. He confirmed that the 0.68 is no longer in production. I went ahead and ordered the 0.84

brit likes this.
  15. Guy Woodall

Guy Woodall Active Member

I am really enjoying using my gamehanger .68. Just one thing I find strange, the posts being on the baseplate rather than the top cap, makes removing used blades more tricky. Does anyone else find this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Nem22

Nem22 Well-Known Member

A little review of my 2 razors used this month of AUGUST **Razorock Game Changer 0.68** is soft and permissive. For daily shaving it largely does its job without irritation or redness. Associated with a very sharp blade like the Feather or the Wizamet it is intractable and 2 passes are enough (with and against the grain) I would compare it with my R6s in plate 4. **Razorock Game Changer GM0.84** logically more efficient than apart from its higher gap, but it remains surprisingly pleasant if paired with a reputedly soft blade such as the Voskhod or the Rapira Stainless. Associated with a Wizamet I had redness in the neck, light but visible. It demands attention and I would compare it to my R6s in plate 6. Smooth, comfortable and close shave. Both plates provide a solid shave with just a bit more blade feel in the .84 compared to the .68 while the latter is a bit smoother. I understand their success better, especially when you see their price

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  17. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I had both the .84 open and closed but PIF’ed the open comb plate because I didn’t see any need for it and the closed comb shaved very smooth.
    Never used the .68 though, so I can’t speak on that. One would assume it is a lot more mild

18. Mike-R41

BCCB6CFC-F874-4124-9404-96EEC285ED70.jpeg

brit likes this.
  19. Mike-R41

I always wanted that RADIO KNOB handle!

20. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

How so very coincidental. I’m planning on using my RR 0.84 GC tomorrow morning. I have the radio knob handle but prefer the ATT Atlas handle with that head. The 84 sb is a great, mid-range razor that’s smooth and efficient.

I also have the 0.68 head and only used it once as it’s just too mild for me and I don’t want to add another pass or two to get it done.

edit: added another pic

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.