General Razors Owners Group (G.R.O.G.)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by clint64, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Thank you my friend.... :thanks:

Have you ever tried the Brass General, Doug?

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Insane Shaving Dude

No I haven't Gus. My last brass razor was the Karve. It is a great razor with a D plate for me.

clint64 likes this.
  3. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

PM sent....

clint64 likes this.
  4. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: Colonial Razor The General
    Handle: ATT Kronos
    Blade: Feather Pro
    Brush Handle: B-400 The Brush by Tom
    Knot: APShaveCo Tuxedo
    Soap: Stirling Barbershop
    Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop

Wonderful shave this morning. I switched to the Feather Pro blade from the Super and it just works in this razor. It was smoother than the Super and I had zero alum burn at the end of the shave. The Stirling products preformed flawlessly and I love this scent. This was the first soap and aftershave set I ever purchased and it's still a favorite. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

clint64 and Str8on2 like this.
  5. ob1page

Blade: Kai Captain Sharpblade
    Brush Handle: WildWest Brushworks
    Knot: Boss
    Soap: MDC Agrumes
    Post Care: Stirling Unscented Witch Hazel
    Alum
    Aftershave: Shave Ship Armada Blossom

I had a pretty good shave tonight. I pulled out the WildWest brush tonight (Go Buckeyes) and it easily whipped up a beautiful lather. Everything was going great until the blade touched my face. Now, this blade isn't horrible but compared to the Feather Pro it isn't in the same league. The alum at the end of the shave told the story, I felt some burn here and there where with the Feather the alum was silent. The shave ended beautifully, the Armada Blossom is wonderful, I wish this was still in production. Overall a decent shave, we'll try another blade next shave. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

clint64 and Str8on2 like this.
  6. ob1page

Blade: Feather Pro Guard
    Soap: WSP Formula T Olympus
    Alum
    Aftershave: WSP Olympus

Fantastic shave this morning. I took my new WSP Olympus set out for its maiden shave and all I can say is WOW! This stuff is amazing. First, the scent is incredible; it starts with a fresh pineapple and apple scent that gives way to a smoky vanilla and sandalwood. Love it. It's very easy to lather and a couple swirls easily produced a ton of creamy lather. It's protective with excellent cushion and maybe the slickest soap I've ever tried, residual slickness was more than enough to buffer. This may be the best base I've ever tried. The aftershave didn't disappoint either. Same great scent and my face feels nourished. I got zero feedback from the alum. I'm glad I bought these. The Pro Guard blade was very nice, it's right up there with the Pro so far as my favorite. I'm going to keep trying a few more blades but these 2 are clearly in the lead. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  7. ob1page

Razor: Colonial Razor The General Stainless
    Blade: Feather Pro Super
    Soap: Martin de Candre Original
    Alum
    Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
    Fragrance: Wet Shaving Products Lavenderwood

I received a sample of WSP's Lavenderwood EDP so I decided to go full lavender for this shave and am I glad I did. This was the first shave with my newly acquired SS General and I couldn't be happier. I think I found my new daily driver. This razor has everything I love about the aluminum General and the one thing it was missing; weight. It has nice balance and feels great in the hand. Matched up with the Feather Pro my beard didn't stand a chance. My brush easily whipped up the MDC into a wonderful lather. There was zero feedback from the alum and the Chatillon Lux left my face feeling nourished and refreshed. To top it off the WSP Lavenderwood has a wonderful scent; lavender and cedar with a little patchouli and musk. It was a fantastic shave. Have a great day folks!

[​IMG]

Str8on2 and koenfucius like this.